Windows Server RDP

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

KevBonz

Windows Server RDP

Post by KevBonz » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:36 am

I followed the How to create own custom Windows Server 2012R2 host for EVE. Once my installation/setup was completed, I added a new windows server node to my lab and edit the Console for RDP connection but once the server boots up and I try to RDP it just hangs on Connecting to server .

I followed the installation of eve-ng from the how How To's as well so not sure why the RDP session is not opening. I can RDP to the server if I have a network node connected.

Can someone please advise as to what might be the issue. I am logged with an account I created as well and not the admin account. I am using Firefox.

Uldis (UD)

Re: Windows Server RDP

Post by Uldis (UD) » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:35 am

yes,
in the Winserver firewall you have to allow RDP from any IP address !!
By default it is locked for home LAN, Subnet which your Server has.
Check outgoing FW rules for allow Remote desktop from any IP address.

UD

KevBonz

Post by KevBonz » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:53 pm

When installed the winserver node i followed the steps in the video. I also alllowed RDP only local machine but still not working.

Can direct me as to what i might have missed? If I missed a step when setting up my winserver then will I have to go thru How To procedures again so everytime I need to add a winserver node this is not an issue?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Uldis (UD)

Post by Uldis (UD) » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:53 pm

please check both inbond and outbound rulles for Remote desktop

KevBonz

Post by KevBonz » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:21 am

I don't see remote desktop for outbound rules, just remote assistance. Can you tell me or direct me to link on how to add remote desktop to the outbound rules?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Uldis (UD)

Post by Uldis (UD) » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:02 pm

please check RDP inbound rules and go deeper and edit it for any IP address access...
rule properties
Public rule RDP Scope, must be any IP

or visit or live skyoe room:

https://join.skype.com/JIIJA2Sn69Pr

UD

KevBonz

Post by KevBonz » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:02 pm

I joined the Skype help linked you posted still getting any help on this issue.

KevBonz

Post by KevBonz » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:25 pm

Still have not able to get this working. I tried joining the skype link but not sure if i was the right location so didnt get any assistance. Can someone help me with his.

ramindia

Post by ramindia » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:38 am

KevBonz wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:25 pm
Still have not able to get this working. I tried joining the skype link but not sure if i was the right location so didnt get any assistance. Can someone help me with his.
now we have eve-ng chat on eve-ng site, join there for better support.

R!

KevBonz

Post by KevBonz » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:31 am

Thanks!! I was able to figure this out with Live Helpdesk support. I have to shutdown Windows FW on the machine so I created a new image with all setting and apps I want installed and it works fine!!!!!

THANKS AGAIN!!