Topology Refresh issues with nodes

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

D007

Topology Refresh issues with nodes

Post by D007 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:19 am

Hi all,

I am having an issue building my topology. it feels like I spend more time troubleshooting this problem than actually building the topology and it is a little frustrating. I am hoping someone can help. Everytime I move an icon, it moves to a different (random) location, when the topology is refreshed (i.e. a new connection is made, closing/opening the topology, clicking the refresh page). I am attaching a screenshot. Does anyone know how can I fix this?

FYI - I am running the latest 2.0.3-84 software code. Any browser + deleting the cookies does not work
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ramindia

Re: Topology Refresh issues with nodes

Post by ramindia » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:28 am

D007 wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:19 am
Hi all,

I am having an issue building my topology. it feels like I spend more time troubleshooting this problem than actually building the topology and it is a little frustrating. I am hoping someone can help. Everytime I move an icon, it moves to a different (random) location, when the topology is refreshed (i.e. a new connection is made, closing/opening the topology, clicking the refresh page). I am attaching a screenshot. Does anyone know how can I fix this?

FYI - I am running the latest 2.0.3-84 software code. Any browser + deleting the cookies does not work
join live chat group

http://www.eve-ng.net/index.php/live-helpdesk
R!

Uldis (UD)

Post by Uldis (UD) » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:54 am

Try simple sidebar zoom in/iout
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

D007

Post by D007 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:57 pm

Hey, I already tried the chat room but did not get a response. I will try again though.

I have also tried different zoom in/out resolutions with no luck. sometime it works, other times it does not.

ecze

Post by ecze » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:13 am

1. Use unzoom
2. click refresh topology on side bar
3. move your object

This procedure should work to avoid bad 'top' coordinate.

E.

ecze

Post by ecze » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:50 am

Issue reproduced.

We will try to fix this for next release.

E.

See https://gitlab.com/eve-ng-dev/eve-ng-pu ... 5c46736c04

ecze

Post by ecze » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:35 pm

Connect EVE-NG cli,

be sure your EVE is update to latest version V84 !!!

Code: Select all

apt-get update ; apt-get install eve-ng ; apt-get dist-upgrade
cd /opt/unetlab/html/themes/default/js/
wget https://gitlab.com/eve-ng-dev/eve-ng-public/raw/DEV/html/themes/default/js/actions.js -O actions.js

E.

D007

Post by D007 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:58 pm

ecze - Thank you very much for following up on this. I haven't been around lately, but just checked the site and noticed an update, in the changelog it says the issue I was having is resolved. I will upgrade later today and test.

Thank you

Uldis (UD)

Post by Uldis (UD) » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:44 am

v86 this issue is solved
Update your EVE