Juniper - paste config

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

shweeney

Juniper - paste config

Post by shweeney » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:25 pm

probably a stupidly simple answer to this.

I find I can't paste more than 2 lines to the console on Juniper vSRX or vMX - its the same whether telnet or HTML5, and if I drop out to the unix shell on the router and try to paste into VI, it's the same - only 2 lines.

I then created a Arista vEOS node, and I can paste multiple lines to the console there so it seems a Junos problem but I can't see where the problem is - I tried "set cli screen-width/length" to the maximum. Not being able to paste blocks of config is a real problem as I'm trying to emulate existing devices with a lot of configuration.

Glazgoo

Re: Juniper - paste config

Post by Glazgoo » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:04 pm

shweeney wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:25 pm
probably a stupidly simple answer to this.

I find I can't paste more than 2 lines to the console on Juniper vSRX or vMX - its the same whether telnet or HTML5, and if I drop out to the unix shell on the router and try to paste into VI, it's the same - only 2 lines.

I then created a Arista vEOS node, and I can paste multiple lines to the console there so it seems a Junos problem but I can't see where the problem is - I tried "set cli screen-width/length" to the maximum. Not being able to paste blocks of config is a real problem as I'm trying to emulate existing devices with a lot of configuration.
I used SecureCRT with line\character delay :D

Sipart

Re: Juniper - paste config

Post by Sipart » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:30 pm

I have the same issues, but I just got into the habit of doing the normal basic Juniper setup and also set up SSH access with a Mgmt IP and have it connected to the Eve cloud so I can then use normal putty on my desktop - then you get no issues when doing a load set terminal or load patch terminal in bulk.