Install QEMU version > 2.X

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

ratza2k

Install QEMU version > 2.X

Post by ratza2k » Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:18 pm

Hello all! I have the latest non-pro eve-ng version and I've used apt-get to update all the packages but ended up with QEMU version 2.12.0. How can I manually (or not) install QEMU 3.X or even 4.X? Is there any procedure somewhere that I can follow?

Thanks in advance!

ratza2k

Re: Install QEMU version > 2.X

Post by ratza2k » Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:55 pm

I have managed to solve my problem. I will leave the solution here for others to use.

The latest version comes with Qemu 3.1.0 which can be found in /opt/qemu-3.1.0. To use this version and to make it visible in the Qemu-version dropdown menu, you have to modify line 645 of /opt/unetlab/html/includes/api_nodes.php. From here you can also change the default value from 2.4.0 to whatever you prefer.

If you want to use a newer version than 3.1.0, let's say 4.1.0 for example you will have to manually download the source code and compile it yourself. After that, follow the same procedure as above to add it in the dropdown menu.

I presume that after an eve-ng upgrade the changes you made will not remain but at least it works.

This thread can now be closed!