NET::ERR_CERT_REVOKED

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

defaultrouteuk

NET::ERR_CERT_REVOKED

Post by defaultrouteuk » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:00 pm

Hi Gurus,

Platform: macos Catalina
Hypervisor: Type 2 / VMWare Fusion 11.5.1
Base Install: Ubuntu 16.04.6 LTS
EVE-NG: 2.0.6-17

I took my PC home and the IP address changed plus I moved the network interfaces around a bit moving from a wired to wireless NAT interface under VM Fusion.

Then I booted up and tried to connect to the new DHCP allocated address I get an SSL error in Google Chrome. I've found a few links showing me how to bypass the certificate invalidation error but it might be nicer to know how to work around the issue here. Any ideas?

ecze

Re: NET::ERR_CERT_REVOKED

Post by ecze » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:23 pm

import eve certificate into your keychain and trust it....

E.

defaultrouteuk

Post by defaultrouteuk » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:50 am

Thanks for the feedback ecze but this option...is not an option. There is no - 'accept this certificate' like when the cert is the wrong name etc. It is a cert that has been revoked and therefore is entirely not validated or validatable.

I did find a workaround (like I mentioned) whereby we can invoke Chrome to accept invalidated certs, but I wanted to know if there was a way to fix the cert issued by the eve-ng box. I guess I can always re-create one so that'll be my next move. It was late and I was looking for a quick way to get the box online. Thanks anyway

Rich

ecze

Post by ecze » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:07 am

Whe I say trust certificate, it means:
1. open site with chrome, click on site information ( beside url ) to see certificate.
2. click to select it and drop it on your desktop
3. open keychain and put the cerificate in "system"
4. Into system certificate, select new cert and trust it !

E.