Can pull a DHCP address, but can't ping gateway

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

kidd

Can pull a DHCP address, but can't ping gateway

Post by kidd » Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:57 am

test.png
I've been working on this off and on for the better part of the year. Every time I think I'm getting close, something comes up, and takes my attention away. I thought that a diagram would provide better clarity on what I am trying to do. As you can see, I have EVE-NG running as a VM inside VMWare Workstation Pro; which lives on my Linux Server. I create a simple topology of the Cloud0 interface and a Cisco Router. I connect the two, make sure the router's interface is configured for DHCP and do a "no shut". Interface comes up, IP address is assigned from the PFSense Router at my house.

However, from the vIOS, I cannot ping the PFSense router; even though I was able to procure an DHCP IP address. As a matter of fact, I am unable to ping any devices on the 10.0.0.0/24 network. However, the vIOS router IS able to ping the IP address of the EVE-NG (10.0.0.230/24). I can't get beyond the VM. I'm not sure what I am doing wrong. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Uldis (UD)

Re: Can pull a DHCP address, but can't ping gateway

Post by Uldis (UD) » Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:49 am

it can be pfsense router rule which locking icmp
same setup at my home works w/o issues
VM workstation pro 16