IOL start and stop after restore from backup

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

6gtht6

IOL start and stop after restore from backup

Post by 6gtht6 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:15 pm

Hi

Bare-metal setup
Eve-ng version : 2.0.3-110

Installing EVE-ng has been smooth for me and have not encounter big problems so far, the part that I have trouble with is starting IOL nodes from my backup lab.

I had backup the folders following guide
/opt/unetlab/addons/
/opt/unetlab/tmp/
/opt/unetlab/labs/
usually I would restore these folders and run the necessary commands for IOL to work(iourc, fix-permissions).

After restore, most of my lab nodes (windows server, ASA) works except the IOL nodes, which I could not start from my restored lab, and I have to create new IOL node to replace all. (**New IOL node is working, existing IOL nodes in lab start-and-stop)

This happens to me on few machines, and whenever i restore from my backup, i have to start from scratch for all my IOL nodes, replacing with new IOL nodes (as the restored lab IOL node is not starting)

I did tried to search around for similar issue but i couldnt find any, would seek if anyone have any similar experience
Thanks

Uldis (UD)

Re: IOL start and stop after restore from backup

Post by Uldis (UD) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:08 pm

need regenerate iourc lic on new eve

6gtht6

Post by 6gtht6 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:39 am

Uldis (UD) wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:08 pm
need regenerate iourc lic on new eve
had generate iourc lic and should be working as whenever I create a new IOL node, it works.
The issue is when starting existing lab IOL nodes that it start-and-stop (Lab that i restored from backups).
Is there ways I could run/see the logs?

Uldis (UD)

Post by Uldis (UD) » Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:56 am

This can happen, because after migration, lab is looking previously saved NVRAM, which does not on new EVE
Slution:
right click wipe node
check if image is seleted properly and boot

6gtht6

Post by 6gtht6 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:05 pm

Uldis (UD) wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:56 am
This can happen, because after migration, lab is looking previously saved NVRAM, which does not on new EVE
Slution:
right click wipe node
check if image is seleted properly and boot
UD, Wow!!! Thanks!
The nodes boot although all my config are gone (expected for "wipe node"), guess i was too lazy to make backup/restore of config and didnt even try to wipe everything. :roll:
Instead i recreate all new IOL nodes....... :|
But does this occurs whenever a restore is made? is it a norm thing?

Uldis (UD)

Post by Uldis (UD) » Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:02 pm

IOL support export config feature, and after wipe you can buut it from exported configs easy