Cisco vIOS Issues

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

drbabbers

Cisco vIOS Issues

Post by drbabbers » Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:02 am

All,
This is my 1st attempt to setup EVE-NG with Cisco vIOS based VIRL images. The issue I am experiencing is that when I start a Cisco vIOS L2 or L3 node, I am unable to access the console of the node via telnet.
  • When I initiate the telnet, the window remains blank
  • I have installed the Windows client integration pack all OK
  • I have tried the images as vmdk and qcow as per the EVE-NG instructions etc..
  • My EVE-NG Community install is running on the ubuntu image as per the documentation hosted in GCP
  • Also when I initiate the telnet, I see the connection as established from my local machine to my public IP of the instance in GCP so the network connection looks OK (I can ssh/https to the instance etc...)
I have followed the instructions on the EVE-NG website, as well as watched David Bombal / Knox Hutchinson videos and can't see to get past this issue or find anyone else with this specific problem.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Last edited by drbabbers on Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

drbabbers

Re: Cisco vIOS Issues

Post by drbabbers » Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:54 am

All,

I can confirm this is working via the HTML5 console, but not the native console.

I will do some more research and come back to you.

Uldis (UD)

Post by Uldis (UD) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:09 pm

Both consoles works great mate.
And native telnet and HTML.

In GCP you had missed to pen GCP FW mate. Read Cookbook please
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

drbabbers

Post by drbabbers » Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:36 pm

Thank you. I did manage to sort this in the end cheers.