Unicast traffic not forwarded on links

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

alessandro.deprato

Unicast traffic not forwarded on links

Post by alessandro.deprato » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:38 pm

Hello Guys,

I had EVE-NG running on Esxi6.0(L5630,96G_RAM) for a few months. A few days ago I started having problems. Suddenly unicast traffic between emulated devices is not forwarded anymore. Broadcast and Unicast are making all the way across the links, in fact ARP resolution works on the devices, but as soon I'll attempt a ping I don't get the echo request on the other side. I have done a tcpdump on the bridge interface and I can see all the unicast packets there but the problem is that they are not forwarded/replicated to the bridged interfaces.
No changes before the issue started.
Anyone ever had the same problem? Did you manage to fix it?

Thanks,
Alessandro

alessandro.deprato

Re: Unicast traffic not forwarded on links

Post by alessandro.deprato » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:48 pm

alessandro.deprato wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:38 pm
Hello Guys,

I had EVE-NG running on Esxi6.0(L5630,96G_RAM) for a few months. A few days ago I started having problems. Suddenly unicast traffic between emulated devices is not forwarded anymore. Broadcast and Unicast are making all the way across the links, in fact ARP resolution works on the devices, but as soon I'll attempt a ping I don't get the echo request on the other side. I have done a tcpdump on the bridge interface and I can see all the unicast packets there but the problem is that they are not forwarded/replicated to the bridged interfaces.
No changes before the issue started.
Anyone ever had the same problem? Did you manage to fix it?

Thanks,
Alessandro
Ok I have found the issue and fixed it, for some reasons iptables was dropping the packets ":FORWARD DROP", fixed it by "iptables -P FORWARD ACCEPT" :roll:

ecze

Re: Unicast traffic not forwarded on links

Post by ecze » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:14 pm

Because You have added docker stuff.....

Your eve install is not legacy....