Ditching GNS3 for EVE-NG

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

philisent

Ditching GNS3 for EVE-NG

Post by philisent » Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:49 am

Hi. I want to build a virtual lab containing Cisco, Check Point and Windows devices so I can increase my skillset. I have tried GNS3 a few times in the past but have always had issues with either the GNS3 VM or trying to import images, then finding GNS3 randomly breaks. I've had the same issues today with it so I've decided to give up on it and look for something else

Eve-NG looks a good product and seems to have similar functionality to GNS3. Is Eve-NG a good choice and is it more intuitive to setup than GNS3?

Delwyn

Re: Ditching GNS3 for EVE-NG

Post by Delwyn » Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:40 am

Is your lab up and running yet? I hope you will have many positive contributions soon drift hunters

noah101

Re: Ditching GNS3 for EVE-NG

Post by noah101 » Sun Dec 03, 2023 3:26 am

It seems like you're looking for an alternative to GNS3 for building a virtual lab. Eve-NG is indeed a popular choice and offers similar functionality. Many users find it to be more intuitive to set up compared to GNS3. You can give Eve-NG a try and see if it meets your requirements for creating a virtual lab with Cisco, Check Point, and Windows devices Immaculate Grid