Custom Windows 2019 Image Storage Drivers Not Compatible

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

edroche3rd

Custom Windows 2019 Image Storage Drivers Not Compatible

Post by edroche3rd » Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:56 pm

Tried my first Windows 2019 custom image today. Everything works fine until I get to the point of the install not finding the drive to install on and selecting the storage driver. I am able to select the driver from the B:\ but it isn't coming back as compatible. I only see the drivers, and there are 3, when I de-select the checkbox for Hide Driver that are not compatible. Once I do that, I tried all 3 drivers listed and none of them find the install drive. I downloaded the ISO from Microsoft Eval web site, is that another place I should get it from or are there updated drivers?

Attached Word files with screenshots.

Thanks
Ed
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rusty725

Re: Custom Windows 2019 Image Storage Drivers Not Compatible

Post by rusty725 » Thu Sep 28, 2023 10:20 pm

message me in the chat https://www.eve-ng.net/index.php/live-helpdesk/
will help you via anydesk

edroche3rd

Post by edroche3rd » Sat Sep 30, 2023 6:45 pm

I tried to log into the chat but it isn't excepting my username, email or password. Do I need to register for a chat account or should it use the account I am using here?

Thanks

Uldis (UD)

Post by Uldis (UD) » Sat Sep 30, 2023 7:39 pm

use gmail account to join if you cant use regular email
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

qmeee

Post by qmeee » Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:49 pm

Hello,

is there any solution for this problem? Im trying to install Win10 since hours, but the Red Hat VirtIO drivers don't get identified as compatible drivers and if choose them as non compatible drivers nothing happens. :-(

I have tried different ISOs, rebooted eve-ng, deleted the notes and so on.. I just seems that the Redhat drivers don't work... I had no problems installing the same isos in Proxmox with the vioscsi drivers from the virtio-win-0.1.240 iso.

rusty725

Post by rusty725 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:39 am

qmeee wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:49 pm
Hello,

is there any solution for this problem? Im trying to install Win10 since hours, but the Red Hat VirtIO drivers don't get identified as compatible drivers and if choose them as non compatible drivers nothing happens. :-(

I have tried different ISOs, rebooted eve-ng, deleted the notes and so on.. I just seems that the Redhat drivers don't work... I had no problems installing the same isos in Proxmox with the vioscsi drivers from the virtio-win-0.1.240 iso.
come to our chat and give me anydesk