VYOS Router Interfaces

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

bstamper

VYOS Router Interfaces

Post by bstamper » Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:15 pm

I threw VYOS into my EVE-NG and am having issues with interfaces. The first router I put on a lab works fine. Comes up with 4 interfaces eth0-3. The second router I add comes up with one interface eth4 and as I reboot it over and over more show up until I end up with all 4 but eth4-7 rather than eth0-3. The 3rd one I deploy does the same as the 2nd where it starts at eth4 and as I reboot more interfaces show up. I found the below forum post and tried that to see if it would help but it doesn't appear to have fixed this for me. Anyone else have any insight on this? It does work as long as I figure out what lab interface is mapped to the router interface but more of an annoyance having to reboot the router 3 times after to get them to show up. I've tried a few other things like loading the default config after boot and rebooting but nothing seems to fix it.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1241&p=4970&hilit=VYOS#p4970

rusty725

Re: VYOS Router Interfaces

Post by rusty725 » Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:05 pm

which Eve version ? which VIOS version ?