Ubuntu docker container

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

mdariuz

Ubuntu docker container

Post by mdariuz » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:31 pm

Hi

I'm trying to add an Ubuntu docker running on the eve engine on my topology but I'm not sure if is possible.

My problems: I'm doing some network automation with python and I would like to have a linux shell connected to the management VLAN of the topology without adding another entire QEMU OS image to the simulation environment. Can anyone give me some advice?

ramindia

Re: Ubuntu docker container

Post by ramindia » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:53 am

mdariuz wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:31 pm
Hi

I'm trying to add an Ubuntu docker running on the eve engine on my topology but I'm not sure if is possible.

My problems: I'm doing some network automation with python and I would like to have a linux shell connected to the management VLAN of the topology without adding another entire QEMU OS image to the simulation environment. Can anyone give me some advice?
To help better, show us your network topology.

R!

mdariuz

Re: Ubuntu docker container

Post by mdariuz » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:39 am

There it is. So basically I'm wondering if instead of the management computer on the left (Ubuntu server 64 bit running on QEMU) is possible to use an Ubuntu docker container running on the EVE-NG with just the shell, SSH, Python, nano and network capabilities.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.