Can't switch ASAv image versions same lab

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

badgerdog

Can't switch ASAv image versions same lab

Post by badgerdog » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:18 am

Just noted that I cannot switch ASAv image version of a configured ASAv node in a lab. Example: I add an ASAv node to a lab with version 9.6.1 and later decide I want to run version 9.7 on that node. I power off the node, change it to version 9.7, save the change and power back on. But, as the node boots up I notice that it is still on version 9.6.1... not the version 9.7 image that i changed to. I power the node off and return to the area where I change the code to 9.7 and find that it still show 9.7, but still boots with version 9.6.1. I am on the latest version of EVE-NG version: 2.0.3-58 and QEMU version: 2.4.0. I've tested this to death and it still exhibits the same behavior. It appears that will always boot on the first image associated when the node was first added to the lab.

I haven't tested other node types running in QEMU yet and I don;t think this is expected behavior... I can easily with between versions of IOL images.

Anyone have a response, fix, or workaround for this?

ramindia

Re: Can't switch ASAv image versions same lab

Post by ramindia » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:51 am

badgerdog wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:18 am
Just noted that I cannot switch ASAv image version of a configured ASAv node in a lab. Example: I add an ASAv node to a lab with version 9.6.1 and later decide I want to run version 9.7 on that node. I power off the node, change it to version 9.7, save the change and power back on. But, as the node boots up I notice that it is still on version 9.6.1... not the version 9.7 image that i changed to. I power the node off and return to the area where I change the code to 9.7 and find that it still show 9.7, but still boots with version 9.6.1. I am on the latest version of EVE-NG version: 2.0.3-58 and QEMU version: 2.4.0. I've tested this to death and it still exhibits the same behavior. It appears that will always boot on the first image associated when the node was first added to the lab.

I haven't tested other node types running in QEMU yet and I don;t think this is expected behavior... I can easily with between versions of IOL images.

Anyone have a response, fix, or workaround for this?
Everytime you change the image versions, to take effect of new version you need to wipe the device config.
wipe.PNG
R!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

badgerdog

Re: Can't switch ASAv image versions same lab

Post by badgerdog » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:13 pm

Ouch! Thanks, I didn't know that. This is the only QEMU image I have with multiple versions to run so the first time I've come across this issue.