Copy devices from unl to eve

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

unlUser

Copy devices from unl to eve

Post by unlUser » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:27 am

Hello team and thank you for accepting me into the forum.
My company has provided me with the ability to create virtual machines with a lot of ram for labbing purposes.
Many months now i have been using the unl engine and it has offered me a good labbing experience - i would like to create another virtual machine with eve but i am worried, i do not want in any circumstance to recreate all the devices i have set up in unl (iou l2/l3, checkpoint, asav, f5, juniper, winxp machines, unix machines, and tens of others that took me a LOT of time to import successfully one by one).
My question is - is it possible to copy all the devices from the unl virtual machine to eve virtual machine ?
I checked the "EVE HOW TO" videos but i didn't find this information.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh-RxH ... vAA/videos

P.S The virtual machines have absolutely no access to the internet there is only lan connection between them via the same vlan

Thank you very much for your time and have a happy Easter!
Last edited by unlUser on Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

ecze

Re: is it possible to copy all the devices from the unl virtual machine to eve virtual machine ?

Post by ecze » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:00 am

unlUser wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:27 am
Hello team and thank you for accepting me into the forum.
My company has provided me with the ability to create virtual machines with a lot of ram for labbing purposes.
Many months now i have been using the unl engine and it has offered me a good labbing experience - i would like to create another virtual machine with eve but i am worried, i do not want in any circumstance to recreate all the devices i have set up in unl (iou l2/l3, checkpoint, asav, f5, juniper, winxp machines, unix machines, and tens of others that took me a LOT of time to import successfully one by one).
My question is - is it possible to copy all the devices from the unl virtual machine to eve virtual machine ?
I checked the "EVE HOW TO" videos but i didn't find this information.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh-RxH ... vAA/videos

P.S The virtual machines have absolutely no access to the internet there is only lan connection between them via the same vlan

Thank you very much for your time and have a happy Easter!
http://www.eve-ng.net/index.php/documen ... st-version

So briefly

Install Eve
Copy folders from unl to EVE:
/opt/unetlab/labs
/opt/unetlab/addons/
/opt/unetlab/tmp/

E.

PS: If you install on same server: backup those directories with sftp to any safe place ( local PC ? ) then repush backup to new EVE

unlUser

Re: is it possible to copy all the devices from the unl virtual machine to eve virtual machine ?

Post by unlUser » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:32 am

Thank you very much for your reply, do you happen to know why i am receiving this errors after i imported the latest ova with eve inside?
I used the "Deploy OVF Template" wizard of vsphere client version 6.0.0 and it was completed successfully, however, i am getting "kernel panic, not syncing vfs, unable to mount root fs on unknown"

https://ibb.co/c1i1GQ

ecze

Post by ecze » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:57 am

never saw such phenomena...

Check the settings of your VM. ( in Esxi )

Enough Disk ? enough Ram, CPU ????

E.

unlUser

Post by unlUser » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:03 pm

i copied the exact settings from my unl virtual machine

thank you very much again for your time and effort!

ecze

Post by ecze » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:29 pm

64 MB ?????

Change to GB !!!

:-)

E.

rebelinux

Post by rebelinux » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:30 pm

64 MB? or GB!!!!

unlUser

Post by unlUser » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:50 pm

OMG!!!! i got completely blind :(
thank you for pointing out, now i am transferring the files with tftp to eve and will let you know how it went!!

unlUser

Post by unlUser » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:04 pm

done, all images transferred, it took a while because it was 38 gig total.
Thanks everyone for your help and have a happy Easter!

unlUser

Post by unlUser » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:28 am

Hi team, does anyone knows why the half of the images i loaded are not working?
i added 37 folders in the qemu folder but 15 of them are not available to be added as a node.
for example, win-2008-lite-u0 and win-7 is not working, but win-xp works fine.