ASAv crashes

Moderator: mike

networkeng8

ASAv crashes

Post by networkeng8 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:04 am

Hi All,

I have installed ASAv image in EVE-NG. I am facing two issues. I have followed how to document for installing the ASA device and my other devices are working perfectly fine, I am only facing issue with ASAv.

ASA image, 9.6.1, have tried different images.

1) When I boot the device, it will boot for two times. Before the 2nd reboot it will give message "Clone Detected", after this message it boots 2nd time and then it comes to ciscoasa>. This process takes total 20 minutes, from the time i click on start and till it comes to ciscoasa>. this is very frustrating. I know when using the ASA, first time only it should boot two times to detect the model and type, but two reboots every time i use the ASAv is not normal.

2) Sometimes it wont even boot properly and in the first reboot or 2nd reboot it will keep displaying some strange messages. I have attached some images.

If anyone can please help me out in fixing this issue. I am using an HP Laptop 12 GB RAM, Core I7 with 4 Logical processors, 2.8 Ghz, i have dedicated 6GB to the VM.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ecze

Re: ASAv crashes

Post by ecze » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:21 am

Please read FAQ regarding Antivirus.

ASAv on a I7 never boot so slowly.....

E.

networkeng8

Post by networkeng8 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:46 am

thanks for your feedback, i will disable my Anti-virus and test today.

networkeng8

Post by networkeng8 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:04 pm

Hi,

This time i turned off my anti-virus and i check through control panel, no anti-virus is on .

When i started the ASA, it has again rebooted after giving "clone detected" message.

Please if anyone can help me out in this ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

networkeng8

Post by networkeng8 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:17 pm

Now after the ASA was up after 20 minutes and I started working on it, within 5 minutes it crashes.

Please see the below screen output.

ecze

Post by ecze » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:54 pm

Still totally abnormal....

Tested on Fusion under OSX having intel Core i7 2,2Gh on EVE with 8G of ram and 4 Vcpu

Boot ( restart is normal during first boot ) time about 2min

E.