Connect two different eve-ng servers

Moderator: mike

gcastbr

Connect two different eve-ng servers

Post by gcastbr » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:13 pm

HI Guys, I would like to know if is possible to interconnect routers in two different servers. I would like to create a a separated logical interface for each router connected. I have 1 more interface in each server.

I attached a simple topology connection to exemplify my question. Summarizing:

Server 1 Network 1 Server 2
R1 ---------------------------------------------- R2

Server 1 Network 2 Server 2
R3 ---------------------------------------------- R4

Server 1 Network 3 Server 2
R5 ---------------------------------------------- R6

Server 1 Network 4 Server 2
R7 ---------------------------------------------- R8

Thanks and Regards.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ramindia

Re: Connect two different eve-ng servers

Post by ramindia » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:26 pm

gcastbr wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:13 pm
HI Guys, I would like to know if is possible to interconnect routers in two different servers. I would like to create a a separated logical interface for each router connected. I have 1 more interface in each server.

I attached a simple topology connection to exemplify my question. Summarizing:

Server 1 Network 1 Server 2
R1 ---------------------------------------------- R2

Server 1 Network 2 Server 2
R3 ---------------------------------------------- R4

Server 1 Network 3 Server 2
R5 ---------------------------------------------- R6

Server 1 Network 4 Server 2
R7 ---------------------------------------------- R8

Thanks and Regards.
Why not, network 1 as cloud1 on both sides. network 2 cloud2 on both the sides.

Make sure you configure underline topology to meet this requirement ( like vmware worksation or esxi or bare metal linux)

R!

gcastbr

Post by gcastbr » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:12 pm

Sounds good. I will try and let you know! thanks for that.

So is it the same OVS concept? I mean, "network namespaces on OVS" ? May you explain how can I configure this underline topology? I need to exactly that:

https://rahulait.wordpress.com/2014/08/ ... -machines/

One server is on vmware workstation another in linux bare metal

But with eve-ng

Thanks

gcastbr

Post by gcastbr » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:07 pm

Hello Guys, any help? :)

Tks

Uldis (UD)

Post by Uldis (UD) » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:20 pm

The cloud interface bridged to real NICs can be ussed.
Esxi supports clean pass through so your router on server 1 connected to router server2 can be reside in same network. Like p2p.
Promiscue mode must be enabled on vmnet.
Bare installs have it by default.
you drawn topo is achievable

UD

gcastbr

Post by gcastbr » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:49 pm

Hi UD, thanks for your reply. But is possible to connect just using one physical interface? I tried to create but I couldn't.

one to one ok, but one to N not. If I create "clouds" using the same physical interface, there are communication, but it's like a segment. May you explain how can I do it? Because I couldn't separate the traffic just using one interface.

I'm using a baremetal and workstation. If

Thanks

ramindia

Post by ramindia » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:51 pm

gcastbr wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:49 pm
Hi UD, thanks for your reply. But is possible to connect just using one physical interface? I tried to create but I couldn't.

one to one ok, but one to N not. If I create "clouds" using the same physical interface, there are communication, but it's like a segment. May you explain how can I do it? Because I couldn't separate the traffic just using one interface.

I'm using a baremetal and workstation. If

Thanks
how are they physically connected, Cross cable or straight cable ? to switch with VLAN ?

R!

gcastbr

Post by gcastbr » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:24 pm

HI.

I connect a straight cable
without vlan ( my ideia was create some network spaces like ovs

so,

- the cable and the connection is working ( I configured a simple connection between these two servers, and there are connectivity etc ( ospf, ping etc).
-I tried to created cloud 2, 3, 4, etc using the same physical interface(that is associated with pnet 1 in both servers) work too, but as I said, appears like a segment, because I think that I'm using the same physical with no logical separation( I think)
- I didn't try to configure a vlan on eve to test. But I can try to configure for example: eth1:10, eth1:20, etc and create some pnets such as pnet10, pnet20, pnet30 ( just to be easier to associate to vlans names ) and on each sides(each router on differents servers) create a interface vlan too.

Server 1---------------------------- server 2
eth1:10=pnet10-------------------eth1:10-pnet10
ge-0/0/0.10(vlan10)------------- ge-0/0/0.10(vlan10

eth1:20=pnet20------------------- eth1:20-pnet20
ge-0/0/0.20(vlan20)--------------ge-0/0/0.20(vlan20)

etc......

but I was think something like this new attache, same interface but no vlan configured in the routers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ramindia

Post by ramindia » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:51 am

gcastbr wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:24 pm
HI.

I connect a straight cable
without vlan ( my ideia was create some network spaces like ovs

so,

- the cable and the connection is working ( I configured a simple connection between these two servers, and there are connectivity etc ( ospf, ping etc).
-I tried to created cloud 2, 3, 4, etc using the same physical interface(that is associated with pnet 1 in both servers) work too, but as I said, appears like a segment, because I think that I'm using the same physical with no logical separation( I think)
- I didn't try to configure a vlan on eve to test. But I can try to configure for example: eth1:10, eth1:20, etc and create some pnets such as pnet10, pnet20, pnet30 ( just to be easier to associate to vlans names ) and on each sides(each router on differents servers) create a interface vlan too.

eth1:10=pnet10-------------------eth1:10-pnet10
ge-0/0/0.10(vlan10)------------- ge-0/0/0.10(vlan10

eth1:20=pnet20------------------- eth1:20-pnet20
ge-0/0/0.20(vlan20)--------------ge-0/0/0.20(vlan20)

etc......

but I was think something like this new attache, same interface but no vlan configured in the routers
Yes everything is possible if you understand Linux bonding. spend some time reading the documents. - this out of scope of EVE-NG for sure. You are looking some Hybrid Setup for which you need to some time.

it may also break some of the EVE-NG pre-build setup.

R!

gcastbr

Post by gcastbr » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:07 pm

Hi ramindia, thanks for the feedback.

What I need to looking for ? I will try to study and do something...

I read something about bound, but it appears like a "aggregate", this is inverse that I need. I want to use just one interface, and create any logical connection using just one physical interface. My picture wasn't clear sorry, but the idea is not a aggregate interface, but "just one interface with any logical connections", enabling using just one interface to create any logical connection to interconnect the routers between different servers

Is there any possibility to add some future function link network spaces (OVS) into eve-ng? I think that is a great idea because enables a good way to create a connection between two different servers with one interface.

Thanks