Connect two different eve-ng servers

Moderator: mike

ramindia

Re: Connect two different eve-ng servers

Post by ramindia » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:29 pm

gcastbr wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:07 pm
Hi ramindia, thanks for the feedback.

What I need to looking for ? I will try to study and do something...

I read something about bound, but it appears like a "aggregate", this is inverse that I need. I want to use just one interface, and create any logical connection using just one physical interface. My picture wasn't clear sorry, but the idea is not a aggregate interface, but "just one interface with any logical connections", enabling using just one interface to create any logical connection to interconnect the routers between different servers

Is there any possibility to add some future function link network spaces (OVS) into eve-ng? I think that is a great idea because enables a good way to create a connection between two different servers with one interface.

Thanks
we Provided you enough information how to do it, as long as you understand the Linux networking you can easily do it. this is out of scope of EVE-NG Support.

You read Linux network example : http://blog.marquis.co/adding-sub-inter ... -14-04lts/ - and work on your solution.

R!

gcastbr

Post by gcastbr » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:06 pm

HI, Thanks for you reply. Yes I understand that this is out of eve scope, no problem about it! I was just try to get some information to work on that. Thanks for the feedback and link. I will try to configure this setup ant let you know about.

Regards

ramindia

Post by ramindia » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:33 am

gcastbr wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:06 pm
HI, Thanks for you reply. Yes I understand that this is out of eve scope, no problem about it! I was just try to get some information to work on that. Thanks for the feedback and link. I will try to configure this setup ant let you know about.

Regards
sure if you have any further question join our tech chat to discusss

R!

gcastbr

Post by gcastbr » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:24 pm

Thanks for that! :)

beggles

Post by beggles » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:59 am

gcastbr wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:13 pm
HI Guys, I would like to know if is possible to interconnect routers in two different servers. I would like to create a a separated logical interface for each router connected. I have 1 more interface in each server.

I attached a simple topology connection to exemplify my question. Summarizing:

Server 1 Network 1 Server 2
R1 ---------------------------------------------- R2

Server 1 Network 2 Server 2
R3 ---------------------------------------------- R4

Server 1 Network 3 Server 2
R5 ---------------------------------------------- R6

Server 1 Network 4 Server 2
R7 ---------------------------------------------- R8

Thanks and Regards.
I’m wanting to do something similar. I am running Eve on Fusion and Bare Metal. In each instance I have multiple physical NIC’s available to each machine, so I can physically achieve above connectivity.

Using your example topology, I can confirm adjacency of R1 and R2 routers via CDP on IOU images, though am unable so far to bring up an IP adjacency?

Have you manage to progress this?

ramindia

Post by ramindia » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:53 pm

beggles wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:59 am
gcastbr wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:13 pm
HI Guys, I would like to know if is possible to interconnect routers in two different servers. I would like to create a a separated logical interface for each router connected. I have 1 more interface in each server.

I attached a simple topology connection to exemplify my question. Summarizing:

Server 1 Network 1 Server 2
R1 ---------------------------------------------- R2

Server 1 Network 2 Server 2
R3 ---------------------------------------------- R4

Server 1 Network 3 Server 2
R5 ---------------------------------------------- R6

Server 1 Network 4 Server 2
R7 ---------------------------------------------- R8

Thanks and Regards.
I’m wanting to do something similar. I am running Eve on Fusion and Bare Metal. In each instance I have multiple physical NIC’s available to each machine, so I can physically achieve above connectivity.

Using your example topology, I can confirm adjacency of R1 and R2 routers via CDP on IOU images, though am unable so far to bring up an IP adjacency?

Have you manage to progress this?
as long they are in same virtual network, they will ..join us live chat or provide more information about your setup.

I suggest to open new thread with your problem. it is good to answer your question rather mixing with other issues.

R!

beggles

Post by beggles » Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:17 am

FWIW, I ended up figuring this one out - I had to manually set the MAC Address on the interface of one of the "adjacent" devices, as each virtual device has the same MAC Address, being that they boot from the same image. I have found this to be the case with with vIOS (both L2 and L3) and Nexus 9Kv.

Uldis (UD)

Post by Uldis (UD) » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:06 pm

NO...
About MAC addresses is true..
but you can create lab on server1 with one admin user but on second server as other admin user..
POD numbers must be different..
then you will have no issues with MAAC address..
user POD nr is bint to MAC address number...

MAC address collision will happen if on both servers lab is built by same PD user (0) for example
but if server 1 lab is built by POD 0 but on server2 lab is done by POD 1..no issues anymore....
And I recommend for such setup to use Qemu nodes... vIOS, CSR, not IOL

Uldis
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.