Performance of eve-ng on Proxmox

Moderator: mike

janostasik

Performance of eve-ng on Proxmox

Post by janostasik » Thu May 30, 2019 7:00 am

Hello,
i just switched from ESXi to Proxmox (on same hardware, just switched virtualization) and installed eve-ng pro as VM with same resources added. Is here anybody who run eve-ng on Proxmox for a longer time and can bit describe overall performance? Did someone tried complex topologies? Any issues with that?

Thank you.

Jan

pdervan

Re: Performance of eve-ng on Proxmox

Post by pdervan » Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:49 pm

Hi there, any chance you could advise if you had any issues with using Proxmox? I am trying to run the installer - it goes through first part fine when I boot into the CD-ROM / ISO, go through the various ubuntu stuff, but when it goes to reboot, where next screen expected is the blue Eve install etc, it just stays as black sceen after the reboot (ie. I never get to see the blue prompt etc).

Just wondering if any options I am missing from the VM build, although I think I have tried changing most of them (kernel, etc) but no joy.

Uldis (UD)

Post by Uldis (UD) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:41 am

Promox is not officially suported

0rb677

Post by 0rb677 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:43 pm

For me, Arista veos won't boot for example. I spend a lot of hours for fixing and cant get it worked. Trying different cpu (host/kvm64), different aboot iso, different qemu options, proxmox versions etc etc
No success. It stuck at boot kernel.

Cisco VIOS L2/L3, ASA works. Nested Virtualization enabled.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Proxmox/commen ... h_lastest/

Tomorrow I will try to run GNS3 instead EVE-NG and see if it boots. Maybe it’s hardware bug, don’t know.