Checkpoint R80.10- unable to connect to Management via Smartconsole

Moderator: mike

janaksundhar85

Checkpoint R80.10- unable to connect to Management via Smartconsole

Post by janaksundhar85 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:55 am

Hello Team,

Greetings!
I installed Check_Point_R80.10_T479_Gaia.iso this image for management server and gateway but for some reason, the smart console couldn't connect at all to the management server.
I tried to search different forums and other sources to find out a solution for this, but it looks like there is no concrete solution for it.
I saw different errors in the smart console like operation timed out, Unable to Connect to Server: check all the services are running, Server is up - but not ready to receive connections (fwm might be down or busy). The last error i saw was after entering the command $MDS_FWDIR/scripts/cpm_status.sh .
So not sure what is missing or where exactly this is getting stuck, but it is simply not going ahead. I cannot connect the Mgmt server via the smart console.
I also get the fingerprint shown in the smart console but when i proceed, it is unable to connect to the server.
Also, as said in another forum- give 4 x CPU and 8192 MB RAM - firewall doesn't start at all in EVE. I felt that something is wrong either with eve or with the .iso image.

After 3 weeks, my eve suddenly stopped logging in via web browser and hence i decided to scratch install the eve with latest edition and i used Check_Point_R80.10_T462_Gaia.iso this image and installed the management server and gateway.
I thought with this image, it should work. But no luck at all. I gave 4 cpu and 8 gb ram to the mgmt server and turned off my windows firewall and AV (just in case it is causing anything) but couldn't connect to the server. The smart console is unable to connect to the server. I thought of installing the JHF - Check_Point_R80_10_JUMBO_HF_Bundle_T154_sk116380_FULL.tgz but it didn't upload.
The DA log says: Import of package Check_Point_R80_10_JUMBO_HF_Bundle_T154_sk116380_FULL.tgz Failed. This package is not supported by current Deployment Agent build. Please install CPUSE version 1567 or above to import the package. Now, i don't have any corporate account to download these images as checkpoint doesn't offer these images with your basic user account. But i am wondering, with the basic checkpoint how to in the eve portal, even after following that, is there something additional to be done to connect to the mgmt server via the smart console. I have installed this pkg - Check_Point_SmartConsole_R80_10_jumbo_HF_B122_Win.
I am completely out of ways and i am still trying to find a solution for it .
One more thing that i found interesting was - For mgmt server i gave 4 cpu + 8 gb ram and it started, but when i gave the same specs for gateway it won't start and when i reduced the ram to 7gb, then only it started. Although i am first trying to get a glimpse of the mgmt server but that is not happening.
Any help and any output that is required, i would be happy to share.
Help is greatly appreciated.

Uldis (UD)

Re: Checkpoint R80.10- unable to connect to Management via Smartconsole

Post by Uldis (UD) » Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:38 am

internally CP 80.20 with win7 and smart console
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

janaksundhar85

Post by janaksundhar85 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:12 pm

Hello Uldis,

Thank you for the reply and providing the screenshot.
You have shown CP80.20 being accessed via one of the windows machine launched internally within EVE and that has worked. I wanted to ask - The CP80.20 - is that your firewall or mgmt server?
I have a win 10 desktop and this is my host. I have installed EVE in Vmware workstation and within that i have installed the checkpoint mgmt server and the gateway.
I am not sure why CP R80.10 Mgmt Svr isn't being accessed from my machine although i can ping them.
From the screenshot you have provided, R80.20 will work but not quite sure of R80.10 and bit curious to know if it is going to work because i have been trying to get this working for a very long time without any success.
I am attaching a screenshot for reference to show my topology and to see what is the cause.
I will give a shot by installing a win machine within eve to see if that will work for me. However in the meantime if any possible solution to get this going, would be great.
CP_R80.10_Mgmt.png
CP_R80.10_Mgmt.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Uldis (UD)

Post by Uldis (UD) » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:21 am

Management server is what?
Is it special management node with smart console?
Ten i didn try such. I used my win host with installed smartconsole exe on it.

janaksundhar85

Post by janaksundhar85 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:28 pm

Hello Uldis,
Thank you for the reply.
management server is the node with IP add 192.168.44.20 - only management server installed and it is connected to the CP firewall - IP Add 192.168.44.21 - only firewall installed.
smart console is installed in my Host Desktop and from there i am trying to connect to the management server.
When i try to connect - there is definitely a communication there because i do see the fingerprint in the smart console before proceeding and then later on, it doesn't go further.
And sometimes as described earlier, i do get some different error messages and if i try to search those errors in internet, i don't get much of information and if at all there is some kind of sk solutions, then for that you need user account which are associated with some contract. So it becomes real tough to get going.

As you said you haven't tried such, may be you want to give a try to see if you have face something similar or you can get it working.
Really appreciate your help.

Regards

darko

Post by darko » Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:48 pm

Was this ever sorted?

Uldis (UD)

Post by Uldis (UD) » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:16 pm

Of course it works
and always worked if to set properly connection to cloud/management