Cisco Wireless Controler help to add physical aps and features available

Moderator: mike

raikone14

Cisco Wireless Controler help to add physical aps and features available

Post by raikone14 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:30 am

Hey guys, I saw some videos and tutorials to add cisco controler in eve-ng and that is really nice.
But I have some doubts about the subject, to add a real ap in this , can I connect to my home router in the lan port and create a cloud in eve ?
and about the features, I think about to buy two second hand cisco lwap aps to study for ccnp wireless, but all the features and mode would work with this controller ?
I am just asking before test, because I will have to spend some money, so is better to know if this is gonna work, or if someone did the same please.
Thanks for any help

Uldis (UD)

Re: Cisco Wireless Controler help to add physical aps and features available

Post by Uldis (UD) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:45 pm

Yes that works, I am using home lab setup where to eve is connected real SW via L2 trunk to lab SW
and using real AP and real IP phones
Hybrid lab EVE + real HW
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

raikone14

Post by raikone14 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:32 pm

Hello, thank you for your reply, but I was think about buy two aps, and using my home router lab ports to connect...
And using a virtual topology to test some stuffs link flex connect, would be enough ?
Just two aps connect to my home router lan ports, and the remaing of the topology be virtual...

Uldis (UD)

Post by Uldis (UD) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:18 pm

Flex connect is working for sure, tested myself