EVE-NG version

Moderator: mike

jakobkira82

EVE-NG version

Post by jakobkira82 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:29 pm

I'm am probably going to go with CML-PE, but I'm still pondering the thought of using EVE-NG. I'm curious as to those using EVE-NG, which EDITION (not version) you are using (Community or Pro) and why.

And for anyone who has used EVE-NG and CML-PE, which one you prefer and why.

Uldis (UD)

Re: EVE-NG version

Post by Uldis (UD) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:51 pm

Pro definitely.
But why, you will understand soon, after sime time of usage.

EVE Pro:
Multivendor support, no limitation nodes per lab
A lot of features which are even not planned for CML.
Integration with real HW LAN
Cluster.

CML benefit:
Couple of offcial IOS images from cisco, included in PE

Butchie_t

Re: EVE-NG version

Post by Butchie_t » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:51 pm

jakobkira82 wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:29 pm
I'm am probably going to go with CML-PE, but I'm still pondering the thought of using EVE-NG. I'm curious as to those using EVE-NG, which EDITION (not version) you are using (Community or Pro) and why.

And for anyone who has used EVE-NG and CML-PE, which one you prefer and why.
I though CML-PE was a great idea until I did that and used it. It sucked for me and I ended up getting a refund for it. It would constantly lock up, or dump configs after I saved them. I would lose hours of work just by having to reload everything each time I tried to use it. I am running a MAC system that exceeded the requirements to have it work. And even spent additional coin so I could run it in Fusion. In the end, I pissed away ~300 bucks for something that simply did not work.

I would reconsider that decision but I am also not you. I began using EVE-NG shortly after that mess and have not regretted it one bit since I made the switch.

Cheers,