EVE-NG MPLS simulator (Cloud icon)

Moderator: mike

Ash78

EVE-NG MPLS simulator (Cloud icon)

Post by Ash78 » Thu May 25, 2023 9:33 pm

Hi
I have a query about the cloud icon within EVE NG that network professionals use to simulate MPLS or any other career. I'm able to add a cloud icon to my scenario when I'm building a lab, however, I'm not able to get it to work. For example, let's say that we have 4 routers and we are trying to build a GETVPN lab. So we are going to have all 4 routers connected to this career (cloud icon - mpls) and I believe we need to pass the traffic through to be able to connect to other routers, and routing should be enabled between routers and this career. However, I'm not sure how.
Thank you

Stectint

Re: EVE-NG MPLS simulator (Cloud icon)

Post by Stectint » Mon May 29, 2023 3:58 am

In EVE-NG, the cloud icon represents a network connection point to the external world or another network. It allows you to connect your lab devices to real-world networks or simulate connections between different lab topologies.

Noved1961

Post by Noved1961 » Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:21 am

You are not sure how to configure the routing between the routers and the cloud. Some possible solutions and here is what I found:

One possible issue is that the management cloud in EVE NG does not assign IP addresses via DHCP to the devices connected to it. This is a bug that has been reported by other users1. You may want to try using a different cloud (cloud 2 or 3) or connecting your devices to a Cisco router that acts as a DHCP server.
Another possible issue is that you need to update your templates, icons and config scripts in EVE NG using GIT. This will ensure that you have the latest versions of the files and that they have the correct permissions2. You can follow the instructions on how to do this on the EVE NG website.

BerniceCaldwell

Post by BerniceCaldwell » Wed Jul 05, 2023 4:46 am

To connect routers in the EVE-NG emulation with the cloud icon (MPLS), you need to configure the correct IP address, enable the routing protocol, or configure static routes. Make sure routing is configured correctly and check the routing table to verify.