Opening multiple sessions in multi-tab

Moderator: mike

nahianku1

Opening multiple sessions in multi-tab

Post by nahianku1 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:45 am

Hi I am using SecureCRT with eve as local telnet session management.But the problem is that when i am opening multiple session at the same time it is not opening in multi-tab.I want to open it in multi-tab rather than separately.Is there any way.Try to answer me as soon as possible.My browser is Firefox and Secure CRT is 7.3.

ramindia

Re: Opening multiple sessions in multi-tab

Post by ramindia » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:16 am

nahianku1 wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:45 am
Hi I am using SecureCRT with eve as local telnet session management.But the problem is that when i am opening multiple session at the same time it is not opening in multi-tab.I want to open it in multi-tab rather than separately.Is there any way.Try to answer me as soon as possible.My browser is Firefox and Secure CRT is 7.3.

Download Windows integration pack from EVE-NG site and register.

http://www.eve-ng.net/index.php/downloa ... -side-pack

R!

anandvoyager

Post by anandvoyager » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:55 pm

Support for multiple tabs for telnet connection in Linux would be great , just like feature provided by securecrt in windows.

Uldis (UD)

Post by Uldis (UD) » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:27 pm

try roxterm

anandvoyager

Post by anandvoyager » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:42 pm

i installed roxterm, when i start the router image and try to do the telnet (selected /usr/bin/roxterm) . it doesnt connect . it just opens a normal rox-term window. it does not show the router console. any tweaks that has to be done to access router? there is some net URI settings in configuration manager for roxterm but could not figure out if anything has to be done here.

Edit- i downloaded Securecrt .deb file for trial purpose(multitab) ... every time i open a telnet session it open in new terminal her too ... any tweaks here too. any ideas on how to get multitab (for router access) working in linux.

update:i figured it out to get it working (workaround ) in securecrt in linux(multitab).simple, the telnet session requires an ip (eveng guest ip address) and port (default 32769 for eveng-notsure). open securecrt select quick connect give ip and the port number and connect(a telenet session (suppose R1(first router image Instance))). now for R4 , increment the port number by 4 (32769 + 3= 32772)... u will get connected to R4 . hope this helps.

rusty725

Post by rusty725 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:31 pm

First you need to install Eve-NG integration scripts from this site https://github.com/SmartFinn/eve-ng-integration
Then if you want to use Roxterm do this
At first, update eve-ng-integration to latest version.

Copy eve-ng-integration.desktop to home directory:

cp -f /usr/share/applications/eve-ng-integration.desktop ~/.local/share/applications

Open it for editing:

gedit ~/.local/share/applications/eve-ng-integration.desktop

Add env OVERRIDE_TERMINAL_CMD="roxterm --tab -e" to Exec line to get the following code:

[Desktop Entry]
Name=eve-ng-Integration
Exec=env OVERRIDE_TERMINAL_CMD="roxterm --tab -e" eve-ng-integration %u
TryExec=eve-ng-integration
Type=Application
Categories=Network;
MimeType=x-scheme-handler/telnet;x-scheme-handler/capture;x-scheme-handler/docker;
X-KDE-Protocols=telnet,capture,docker
NoDisplay=true

Save it and try to open several nodes in your browser.

If you use firefox you might have to do this for every instance (telnet, vnc, rdp)

Assign Putty to open Telnet in Firefox
Type “about:config” into the Location Bar (address bar) and press Enter.
Right-click → New → Boolean → Name: network.protocol-handler.expose.telnet → Value → false

Let us know if it worked.

Uldis (UD)

Post by Uldis (UD) » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:02 pm

Thanks Rusty

anandvoyager

Post by anandvoyager » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:12 am

Hi Rusty,
i am linux newbie, i tried many terminal app's for mulltitab feature (securecrt works for me with a workaround solution (its a trialware)).i exactly followed the steps you provided for roxterm. now i dont see the default eve-ng icon (Launch icon prompt-refer image1).

did i do anything wrong.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rusty725

Post by rusty725 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:28 am

you need to open Firefox settings (preferences) then in the Application settings type telnet if you've done this step below, then you should see a telnet under "Content Type"

Type “about:config” into the Location Bar (address bar) and press Enter.
Right-click → New → Boolean → Name: network.protocol-handler.expose.telnet → Value → false

In the "Action" Field select use other and add Roxterm by entering the path to it, in my case /usr/bin/roxterm
click ok, refresh eve-ng web page and it should be good. If this doesn't work I can teamviewer to your pc with your permission and look at whats going on.

anandvoyager

Post by anandvoyager » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:12 am

hi rusty,

I sent PM.