Another WANEMU VM

Moderator: mike

takigama

Another WANEMU VM

Post by takigama » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:20 pm

Hi All,

Been playing with eve-ng and its quite fun, I have a project I wrote some years ago to create a nodejs gui for the netem traffic control module. Its pretty easy to use and i've just created a openwrt/lede vm that works just fine with eve-ng. Originally created this as I wasnt much of a fan of what was available at the time. It is available here: https://github.com/takigama/nodejs-linux-wanemu-gui

Read the section on the readme titled "OPENWRT/LEDE VM - EVE-NG" for getting it working on eve-ng

Requires very little in terms of resources, (50M of disk, will run in 64M of ram), make sure when your creating it, you change the access method from the VNC default to telnet and change the number of interfaces from 1 or 3 (or more)

By default it expects to be able to dhcp an address on its "e0" interface (i personally connect this to the managment(cloud0) network) so you can browse to it with a web browser. The VM will simply bridge interfaces e1 and e2 (bridge 1), e3 and e4 (bridge 2), e5 and e6 (bridge 3) and e7 and e8 (bridge 4), but if you only give it 3 interfaces, you'll only gett bridge 1. You can change the wanem parameters from its gui (browse to whatever address it gets on e0). You can add more bridges if you wish - its openwrt so look at its /etc/config/network file and /opt/wanemu/startwanemu.sh script.

Enjoy!

As an example:
Topology

Output