Add interface more than 7

Moderator: mike

ecze

Re: Add interface more than 7

Post by ecze » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:44 pm

rifster wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:39 am
@ecze,
Great news about the update and new features but please double check the HOWTO in point where you create the symlink. I think it should be something like below.

Code: Select all

ln -s /opt/unetlab/addons/qemu/timos-14.0.R7 /opt/unetlab/addons/qemu/timoscpm-14.0.R7
ln -s /opt/unetlab/addons/qemu/timos-14.0.R7 /opt/unetlab/addons/qemu/timosiom-14.0.R7
@soulless,
If you run your VSR in distributed mode each IOM is a separate VM hence each can support several ports, in your case 5 on release 14.0.R7. If you create logical SR12 chassis and add 5 IOMs, you get 25 ports up/up in 1 logical node.

Going further... If you modify /opt/unetlab/html/includes/__node.php in line 1050:
from

$flags .= ' address='. $this -> management_address . '@active'; 
to

$flags .= ' '. $this -> management_address; 
and then you put this into CPM Management address (IP addresses may be different of course):

address=172.16.0.1/24@active address=172.16.0.2/24@standby
you will be able to run distributed VSR with active and standby CPMs.
Thanks for those remarks...
I will check twice and manage an elegant way to support active/standby CPM

E.

rifster

Post by rifster » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:49 pm

I think the simplest way to edit Nokia nodes would be to only leave QEMU custom option field. All things that are currently available when you create a node are basically QEMU options but divided into different fields, Management Address, Timos Line, Licence File. Really, leave only QEMU option field and then you can show in HOWTO pages how and what to configure through SMBIOS settings.

I have one additional remark. I was creating a VSR and I changed the QEMU custom line in the standard creation form, I saved it and node appeared in the topology window. Then I started it and noticed that the QEMU custom line changed to default one. Then I changed the timos.php template to include the line but again it changed back to default. I searched through the files and noticed there are default QEMU lines in __lab.php and __node.php. Only after I changed them I finally got what I wanted. Side note, I'm not a programmer and I don't know PHP.

soulless

Post by soulless » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:42 am

rifster wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:39 am
@ecze,
Great news about the update and new features but please double check the HOWTO in point where you create the symlink. I think it should be something like below.

ln -s /opt/unetlab/addons/qemu/timos-14.0.R7 /opt/unetlab/addons/qemu/timoscpm-14.0.R7
ln -s /opt/unetlab/addons/qemu/timos-14.0.R7 /opt/unetlab/addons/qemu/timosiom-14.0.R7
@soulless,
If you run your VSR in distributed mode each IOM is a separate VM hence each can support several ports, in your case 5 on release 14.0.R7. If you create logical SR12 chassis and add 5 IOMs, you get 25 ports up/up in 1 logical node.

Going further... If you modify /opt/unetlab/html/includes/__node.php in line 1050:
from

$flags .= ' address='. $this -> management_address . '@active'; 
to

$flags .= ' '. $this -> management_address; 
and then you put this into CPM Management address (IP addresses may be different of course):

address=172.16.0.1/24@active address=172.16.0.2/24@standby
you will be able to run distributed VSR with active and standby CPMs.
Thank you very much rifster.