Creating new Node Templates

Here you can ask EVE-NG team to add new images to the list to play in lab.

Do not ask questions like "where I can get image x or Y" in that forum

Moderator: mike

anwi

Re: Creating new Node Templates

Post by anwi » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:28 am

OK, it really was NTP...and the IOL did this obviously better than the 3725. my publisher ran through installation now successfully
Last edited by anwi on Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

negru_tudor

Post by negru_tudor » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:48 am

anwi wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:28 am
OK, it really was NTP...and the IOL did this obviously better than the 3725. my publisher is now up and running :)
Great stuff & good news! Now get a SUB, Unity, IM&P, UCCX and Expressway up! :)

You can use Win7 hosts with CIPC for softphones.

piter

Creating new Node Templates

Post by piter » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:01 am

The templating system has not yet been finalised and there is no template compiler nor any documentation on creating templates.

However if you know a bit of PHP then try looking through the default template and you should be able to understand enough to make simple alterations. I will be glad to give you tips and maybe point you in the right direction but dont ask questions like "How do I create a template". Youll have to work that out yourself.

As with anything else, if anyone wants to write some documentation, even just a simple guide, then please do so

negru_tudor

Post by negru_tudor » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:06 pm

piter wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:01 am
The templating system has not yet been finalised and there is no template compiler nor any documentation on creating templates.

However if you know a bit of PHP then try looking through the default template and you should be able to understand enough to make simple alterations. I will be glad to give you tips and maybe point you in the right direction but dont ask questions like "How do I create a template". Youll have to work that out yourself.

As with anything else, if anyone wants to write some documentation, even just a simple guide, then please do so
Thanks but I managed to get it figured out by reading some blogs (http://www.brianlinkletter.com/build-cu ... emulators/) and snooping around the config files. Don't think it's fair game posting this sort of reply after the previous posts clearly pointed out that it had been worked out. Clearly, most of the people using this engine aren't afraid to look stuff up on their own, myself included.

FYI - I actually wrote some "documentation" over here: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/cisco-co ... ian-negru/

akikai

Post by akikai » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:46 pm

hello you can help me, I'm using Your steps But I have not managed to make it work

negru_tudor

Post by negru_tudor » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:04 am

akikai wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:46 pm
hello you can help me, I'm using Your steps But I have not managed to make it work
What isn't working? Which step? I have had several people follow along with the tutorial and none had issues provided the NTP and DNS servers are provisioned correctly.

Let me know where you're stuck and I'll see if I can help out.