Apply Telnet Port schema from community edition on pro version

Moderator: mike

rene0815

Apply Telnet Port schema from community edition on pro version

Post by rene0815 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:29 pm

Dear,

I understand the difference regarding amount of nodes and telnet port allocation between the community edition
and the pro edition. Nevertheless, is there a way to deploy the community schema on the pro version.

The reason is, that I am working in a corporate environment and the Security guys will never open
ports 1-65000 for me. The only other feasible way would be to use the HTML5 console or the HTML5-Desktop,
but having my local putty telneting directly is way more comfortable than the HTML5 alternatives.

I was looking into "/opt/unetlab/html/includes/__node.php" as it was suggested in another threat,
but its content is not readable.

Mayn thanks in advance,
Rene

rene0815

Re: Apply Telnet Port schema from community edition on pro version

Post by rene0815 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:25 am

Hi,

I am working on windows 7 and Putty.

As an alternative to the above request, I used "plink" as a proxy command to create a ssh tunnel and then telnet
through that tunnel which works so far.

Basic Options: set to telnet and leave everything else blank
Proxy command: "C:\Program Files (x86)\SuperPuTTY\plink" "Eve-NG-key" -nc %host:%port
where the "Eve-NG-key" session provides connectivity by using ssh-key to my Eve-NG server.

What I would need now is a way to handover the correct Putty Saved session from the browser to putty.
Otherwise I would need to put all my Session settings into Default Settings (which is what I am currently doing
for testing) but that is not clean.

Can the registry files, which came with the Eve-NG integration pack, be used for that purpose?

Cheers,
Rene

Uldis (UD)

Post by Uldis (UD) » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:53 am

corporate users are using html5 or html5 desktop consoles for eve !!
You need only single https 443 port to be opened for eve
html5 consoles allowing copy paste in/out from html 5 console.
https://youtu.be/qFj84MdGwpE

in this short video I showing that feature
Scheme of ports of eve community will be NOT applied to Pro. Pro is using full range of ports because it is assigning it randomly. It is due rhe lab supports 1K nodes per lab.

Uldis

ryanwaters

Post by ryanwaters » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:32 am

It requires only single https 443 port to be opened for eve

rene0815

Post by rene0815 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:52 pm

Thanks for your replies. I was able to get into the lab from my local Putty by using my Eve server as
a proxy that forwards the session towards the lab node. The way I did it:

1) Create a Putty Session (say "Eve-NG-key") that uses a SSH-key in combination with Pageant to login
2) In Puttys Default Session:
*) In the Session tab enable "telnet" as connection type
*) In connection/Proxy: set proxy type to "local", in proxy command <plink "Eve-NG-key" -nc %host:%port>

now, when you click a node in your lab putty is opened with telnet <server> <randomport>, the plink command then connects
to your Eve-Server (via "Eve-NG-key" session) and executes the nc command and thus creates a segmented session.
This works on Linux as well, though with a small difference.

cheers,
Rene