IOL images on a NFS share

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

gio

IOL images on a NFS share

Post by gio » Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:20 pm

Hi all,

it's my first post here and I'm trying to get acquainted with EVE-NG therefore please accept my apologies if I ask something obvious.

I can draw the topology with routers and I can start with the web GUI saying routers were startedy don't become blu and they stay black/dark gray.
We use a central repository for images (images are used for other reasons) and that's why I decided to mount the directory.

We mounted the IOL images in /opt/unetlab/addons/iol/bin via NFS4 share (RO).

192.168.65.253:/brunas/ISO_images/Cisco_Images_for_GNS3-VIRL_IOU_IOS/IOU/bin on /opt/unetlab/addons/iol/bin type nfs4 (rw,relatime,vers=4.0,rsize=1048576,wsize=1048576,namlen=255,hard,proto=tcp,timeo=600,retrans=2,sec=sys,clientaddr=192.168.64.171,local_lock=none,addr=192.168.65.253)

The mount is reported RW but I cannot do touch test.txt, it reports "read-only filesystem" and for the moment is intended.

Is this config supported?

TIA,

gio

Uldis (UD)

Re: IOL images on a NFS share

Post by Uldis (UD) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:32 pm

I dont know what is that ISO, but obviously created by non cisco.
IOL images require generate iourc lic file
Google for it

gio

Post by gio » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:45 pm

Hi Uldis,

sorry for the misleading path name, IOL images are under "ISO" path but they are normal IOL images with correctly generated license file.
The fact that I don't have any problem with IOL images is that I can ssh into eve-ng and as root run a single IOL instance of an image, eventualy I get the Router> prompt.
I did the same within the WebGUI, the Web GUI reported "Router X started successfully" but the icon didn't turn blue.

I looked into all the log files to see what could have been the problem but I didn't spot any significant message.
After re-thinking of the installation process other questions came into my mind and I raised the following thread

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=17711

I'm sorry for creating multiple questions I think is better not to have two concurrent discussions that may converge.
Many mnay thanks for your propmt reply, I will continue on the other side.

Gio

Uldis (UD)

Post by Uldis (UD) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:33 pm

fastest way to chat with experts is join to our live chat mate
https://www.eve-ng.net/index.php/live-helpdesk/
use gmail or create new chat account to join