Request to add nested VT-X support on AWS EC2 Ubuntu Instance

Features you'd like to see in the upcoming version of EVE-NG

Moderator: mike

rdparmar87

Request to add nested VT-X support on AWS EC2 Ubuntu Instance

Post by rdparmar87 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:14 pm

Hi team,

Not sure if this is a relevant feature request or not but I see an issue with Juniper vSRX qemu image on eve-ng on AWS Ec2 (start and stop issue0) and this looks to be an issue with VT-X not supported on AWS Ec2 instance as this machine itself is already running on VM. If there is any way we can find an alternative solution then would help us to save lots of money by investing on physical hardware.

Thank you!

ramindia

Re: Request to add nested VT-X support on AWS EC2 Ubuntu Instance

Post by ramindia » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:21 am

rdparmar87 wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:14 pm
Hi team,

Not sure if this is a relevant feature request or not but I see an issue with Juniper vSRX qemu image on eve-ng on AWS Ec2 (start and stop issue0) and this looks to be an issue with VT-X not supported on AWS Ec2 instance as this machine itself is already running on VM. If there is any way we can find an alternative solution then would help us to save lots of money by investing on physical hardware.

Thank you!
When you install EVE-Ng under Amazon it will become Nested, Some of Underlay infrastructure dont expose properly their hardware information to nested VM. So you some many issues.

If you keen to work, may be join to tech chat, and can be discussed.

R!

Uldis (UD)

Post by Uldis (UD) » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:45 am

As I know AWS cloud and server does not offer exposure hw acceleration thats why will work only IOL or dynamips...

Best cloud choice is ovh.com

UD

rdparmar87

Post by rdparmar87 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:50 pm

True that UD, AWS does not support KVM VT-X in any of it's instances and that's the reason only IOL and dynamips are working whereas other devices are not supported.