eve-ng older iso images

Moderator: mike

maimon

eve-ng older iso images

Post by maimon » Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:11 am

Hello everyone,

Can someone please share some prior version of eve-ng community and eve-pro ( iso extension) than the latest one ?

I have an issue installing the current version in an ESX 5.5 environment.I understand that I need to upgrade the ESX, but this can take some months till I have the licences and also make the upgrade.

Even though that I checked Intel-VT-x / AMD-v under CPU options in ESX, in the EVE-NG VM I see that virtualization for the CPPU is not supported (message in eve vm : neither Intel VT-x or MAD-x found).
In the Virtual Bios I don't have the option to enable virtualization for the CPU.

There is another VM in the ESX that is running an older version of EVE and the virtualizatiion is working with the same settings as the new VM with the newer version that is not working. Most likely because it's based in Intel-kvm compared to the latest version.

Because of that I am very confident that an older version of eve-ng community and pro will do the job.
If someone can share and older version ( iso extension, ova file won't work in ESX 5.5), I would be very gratefull.
I serached for hours in internet but there is nothnig....

Cheers

Uldis (UD)

Re: eve-ng older iso images

Post by Uldis (UD) » Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:05 am

You neednot older EVE, ESXi 5.5 supporting new EVE as well.
Use this how to enable VT-X on older esxi
https://www.bloggerbaru.com/how-to-enab ... 5esxi-6-0/
if need help to install eve come to eve live helpdesk
https://www.eve-ng.net/index.php/live-helpdesk/

Uldis

maimon

Re: eve-ng older iso images

Post by maimon » Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:22 pm

Thx a lot Uldis !

I can verify that adding " vhv.enable = "TRUE" " on the ESXi hosts, worked for me.

Cheers