Cisco SD WAN image version question

Moderator: mike

mshelton

Cisco SD WAN image version question

Post by mshelton » Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:18 pm

What image version are you finding to work well?
I started off with 18.4.4 and had a little weirdness in getting some vedge devices connected and decided to try a newer version
I'm trying to run the 20.3.4 image now but vmanage is barking various errors, some fixed by adding memory, and the web interface come up, just getting an error;
upstream connect error or disconnect/reset before headers. reset reason: connection failure

Just wondering if there's a know good version out there that's relatively trouble free

Any help is greatly appreciated

mhshelton

Re: Cisco SD WAN image version question

Post by mhshelton » Sat Dec 11, 2021 2:23 pm

I ran 18.4.4 and didn't have the issues you described but did try and run a 19.x.x and 20.x.x versions with out any success, probably the same errors as you as they just wouldn't start.

I was however able to run 18.4.4 and then upgrade everything to 20.3.2 and it all runs well, you might want to try that but beware you are limited in bandwidth so pushing those upgrades across the tunnel network may take a long time, you could possibly mitigate this by connecting all the vpn 512 networks together into the management network of vmanage but I don't know for 100% if that will work.

Good luck