Startup config clone issues

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

tyrade

Startup config clone issues

Post by tyrade » Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:21 am

Just looking for a bit of assistance. I have a small lab of 5 vQFXs. I created a template environment, everything IP'd, and have been trying to clone the project to lab different protocols.
I have not been able to successfully boot the cloned lab with the exported startup-configs. I've read through the cookbook and watched some videos online, but still no luck. I'm not sure what else to try, so figured I may not be the only person having this issue.

The template lab boots fine without any issues. If i go into the startup-configs folder of the cloned project, the configs are all there, just can't get the VMs to use them. I also don't see any logs that could lead me to a possible cause. Is there a specific place this would be logged?

Any tips would be appreciated, thanks!

Uldis (UD)

Re: Startup config clone issues

Post by Uldis (UD) » Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:04 am

tyrade

Post by tyrade » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:25 am

Thanks for the reply. I have followed the instructions exactly with no luck. Either the nodes don't boot with the saved startup configuration and they keep their clock symbol, or they refuse to boot and have, what looks to be, a triangle with an exclamation point in it. Is there any log I can go to for some more details?

Uldis (UD)

Post by Uldis (UD) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:37 pm

you must make sure, your node is set boot from exported
then do right click wipe and start
wipe need to clean previous NVRAM configs

What devices you trying to boot from exported?

to boot lab from exported, preface you MUST do wipe lab nodes !

tyrade

Post by tyrade » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:12 pm

I have done all of that. The official documentation states:
"A grey node with an exclamation mark inside a triangle below the node means that there was a problem during the boot process, this could be a corrupted boot image, insufficient resources or problems with the initial configuration. A node in this state cannot be started again."

I does not provide any details on what caused the error. Is there any logging I could get information about this?

Uldis (UD)

Post by Uldis (UD) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:41 pm

Please come in eve live helpdesk chat..
use your gmail account or create new chat account with own email..

https://www.eve-ng.net/index.php/live-helpdesk/

It obviously works..just you....