Kubuntu firefox telnet not working

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

rpnz

Kubuntu firefox telnet not working

Post by rpnz » Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:52 pm

Hi there,
I just installed EVE-NG Pro version on a server and now trying to click on a node running in EVE-NG from firefox in Kubuntu link and I can see that Konsole terminal is started but it does not telnet into the device.
I can telnet into the device from the Konsole if I type telnet <ipadddress> <port> but it does not automatically happen.

How do I fix this in firefox, looks like it only happens in firefox and I tested with Chrome, it works fine. But in my case I use Firefox so need a fix for firefox please.

Thanks

Uldis (UD)

Re: Kubuntu firefox telnet not working

Post by Uldis (UD) » Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:43 pm

Firefox also works, just check default apps on firefox is your Konsole is seto to be default app for telnet

lauryfrieses

Re: Kubuntu firefox telnet not working

Post by lauryfrieses » Thu Jul 06, 2023 3:53 pm

There could be several reasons why telnet is not working in Firefox on Kubuntu. One possible reason is that the telnet protocol handler is not enabled in Firefox. You can try enabling it by following these steps:
Open Firefox and type “about:config” in the address bar.
Search for “network.protocol-handler.expose.telnet” and set its value to “true”. Candy Crush
Restart Firefox and try again.
If this doesn’t work, you can try using a different browser or a different telnet client. You can also check if the telnet server is running and if there are any firewall rules blocking the connection.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.