Slow Transfer between Cisco Switch

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

bigboss

Slow Transfer between Cisco Switch

Post by bigboss » Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:13 pm

Hi All.

Using EVE-NG Community version, I have this problem where I'm trying to transfer a large file (12gb) over from my Win 10 machine to my Win Server machine and in the middle is a Cisco L3 Switch, I seem to be transferring at such a low rate (300kbit/s). However when trying to transfer by directly connecting to both devices together, my transfers shoots up to 200mb/s. I also noticed that the Cisco switchport counters logs input errors and runts as well as output drops.

Any ideas as to what could be causing this problem?

Thanks.

Uldis (UD)

Re: Slow Transfer between Cisco Switch

Post by Uldis (UD) » Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:48 pm

vIOS image is that problem
IOL Switch doing much better
see below
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bigboss

Re: Slow Transfer between Cisco Switch

Post by bigboss » Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:50 pm

Yes you're absolutely right! I did some trial and error tests and finally found Cisco IOL devices to perform much better with the transfer speeds. I did wonder if I should just buy the Pro version to avoid other issues. I feel like its more stable than community...