EVE-NG Mgmt-Cloud0 Bridged with Ethernet Adapter Connectivity Issue

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

dongun

EVE-NG Mgmt-Cloud0 Bridged with Ethernet Adapter Connectivity Issue

Post by dongun » Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:51 am

Hi Guys

I am trying to use EVE-NG Mangement (Cloud0) connected with EVE NG Cisco 3725(software-based router running Dynampis image C3725-ADVENTERPRISEK9-M), Version 12.4(15)T14) and Cisco 1841 real router (C1841-ADVENTERPRISEK9-M), Version 15.1(4)M5).

Cisco 1841 router is directly connected to TP Link Archer router and getting DHCP IP address assigned. EVE NG Software based router (also getting DHCP assigned address from TP Link router.

VMnet0 is Bridged with within VMware (first Adapter Bridged, followed by Host Only and then NAT) end and in virtual editor VMnet0 is mapped to Ethernet Adapter Realtek NOT WI FI adapter)

Issue is, I cannot ping my EVE-NG router from TP Link router. Pinging between Cisco 1841 Router towards Cisco EVN NG router shows heavy packet loss (shown bit further down). On the other hand, Pinging between Cisco EVN NG router towards Cisco 1841 Router (no response)

Uldis (UD)

Re: EVE-NG Mgmt-Cloud0 Bridged with Ethernet Adapter Connectivity Issue

Post by Uldis (UD) » Wed Jun 14, 2023 1:28 pm

It is your network issue, because your router does not pass dhcp deeper to the virtual machine,
or you have simply ,issed to enable promiscue mode for your virtual networking.
problem is your network here