Seeking advice/best practice - VPN and Re-IP'ing EVE MGMT

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

froobage

Seeking advice/best practice - VPN and Re-IP'ing EVE MGMT

Post by froobage » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:10 pm

Hi All,

Not really sure where this query goes...

Essentially at home i've got a flat network, just the ISP provided router ( I know, I know.. ;) ) with a 192.168.1.x LAN, from there I have an esxi server running EVE-NG bridged using the mgmt vswitch. Initially I was going to port forward https directly to EVE for remote connectivity (Only have anyconnect available and can't install software on the corporate laptop), but I decided it's probably not the best move. Then I was considering setting up a firewall (Checkpoint) on the esxi server for a webvpn as I don't believe the throughput is restricted *Or the requirement to purchase a VPN licence (outside being 192.168.1.x and inside being 10.1.1.x), create a secondary vswitch for the inside and move EVE-NG onto there, but if I move EVE, is it just a case of issuing the "rm -f /opt/ovf/.configured" followed by "su -" to run through the MGMT IP process again? Or would I need to update any other interfaces..

Also I guess just looking for some advice from some networking professionals on best practice to achieve remote connectivity using clientless VPN. Would the above suffice?

Thanks in advance!

Kind Regards,
Froob

Uldis (UD)

Re: Seeking advice/best practice - VPN and Re-IP'ing EVE MGMT

Post by Uldis (UD) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:35 pm

I would advice look at this scenario:
DDNS to your EVE VM...
Check my home esxi setup for remote EVE access...
Uldis
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

froobage

Re: Seeking advice/best practice - VPN and Re-IP'ing EVE MGMT

Post by froobage » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:02 pm

Thanks Uldis! I'll replicate what you've got.

Kind Regards,
Froob