Problem with Export CFG and Juniper vSRX-NG

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

Locutus

Problem with Export CFG and Juniper vSRX-NG

Post by Locutus » Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:37 pm

The only image I could get working for a Juniper vSRX-NG was a 60 day demo I downloaded from Juniper.net (vsrxng-19.2R1.8-eval). The problem is it would not export the config. I figured out that the prompt was not what the python script (/opt/unetlab/scripts/config_vsrxng.py) was expecting. My vSRX eval prompt ends in a # vs. % after login as root before going to cli. I changed the expected return value from handler.expect to reflect this. It is now working except for when the SRX is in configuration mode, the script does not seem to be able to exit out of this mode. Not sure if anyone has run into this and has a better solution.

PeterB

Re: Problem with Export CFG and Juniper vSRX-NG

Post by PeterB » Wed Apr 20, 2022 3:19 am

Thanks Locutus for this, I also have this issue (vSRX, but v20.3). I found that I can only export the config when logged in as root, and in operational mode (with the arrow prompt, > ).
Could I also point out for future improvements, that it would be super-useful to be able to export the config as the 'set commands'.
ie. what you get from issuing the command: "show | display set"
Thanks,