Setup vAPIC and Nexus ACI nodes

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

CloudIsArt

Setup vAPIC and Nexus ACI nodes

Post by CloudIsArt » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:20 pm

Hi,
I would like to request assistance with setting up the virtual APIC of Cisco for controlling ACI fabric in the Data Center.
I have EVE-Pro licensed :)

Few questions:
1. Which images do I need? Can I use regular Nexus 9000v or do I need the virtual ACI Nexus 9000 appliance?
---- 1.1. If I need the virtual ACI nexus appliance then it comes in .bin file, how do I use it properly on EVE?
2. There are two virtual APIC appliances, one is the APIC-EM and the other is APIC. I'm guessing I will need the virtual APIC, right?
3. What is the procedure of downloading the APIC.ova file and lanching it on EVE?
---- 3.1. I've extracted the .ova with tar -xvf and received these files:
-------- atomix.mf
-------- atomix.ovf
-------- atomix-ssd.vmdk
-------- atomix.vmdk
---- I know how to convert vmdk to qcow2 but I have no idea how to name the qcow2 file of the APIC. Also as you can see I have 2 vmdk files here and i'm not sure how it should be done.
4. Last question is - how should the folder in /opt/unetlab/addons/qemu should be named for apic?
and how much cpu and ram minimum required for it to operate?

Thanks in advance!!

Uldis (UD)

Re: Setup vAPIC and Nexus ACI nodes

Post by Uldis (UD) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:37 pm

it is not supported in any way in KVM.
even it is esxi, it require very special server hw and exi
so
no way