Enable telnet on specific ports inside lab from real world to access console

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

mhdganji

Enable telnet on specific ports inside lab from real world to access console

Post by mhdganji » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:24 am

Hi,

I think it was possible to telnet from outside (real network) to management IP of some emulators and a specific port to access specific devices.
Is it possible in EVE-NG cause I don't want to use double click and a console for each device and so on

I'd like to use my remote connection software (anything) and use it this way:

telnet EVE_IP:2001 - Telnet (or Console connection) to Router1 in EVENG
telnet EVE_IP:2002 - Telnet (or Console connection) to Router2 in EVENG
telnet EVE_IP:2003 - Telnet (or Console connection) to Switch1 in EVENG

Also if possible:

RDP EVE_IP:3380 - RDP to Server1 in EVENG

and so on.

Is that possible? It makes me enjoy much more to work on my scenarios.

I'm using latest community version installed on my ESXi host as a VM.

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Mohammad

Uldis (UD)

Re: Enable telnet on specific ports inside lab from real world to access console

Post by Uldis (UD) » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:06 pm

bad idea...
about EVE Community ports you can read in our web FAQ
https://www.eve-ng.net/index.php/faq/

mhdganji

Re: Enable telnet on specific ports inside lab from real world to access console

Post by mhdganji » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:05 pm

sorry but why a bad idea? It makes it safe and sound and easy to work with devices from your PC without need to connect them to the real world.

And again sorry but I cannot figure it out. This formula says the open ports range, but which one goes to which device?
May I achieve what I asked for? (using these ports and telnet from outside I can connect to devices consoles? first port first device and so on? Or I'm totally mistaken? )

Regards,

Formula is = 32768+128*POD+1 -> 32768+128*POD+128 POD: user id ( admin = 0 )

Exemple: you got admin (POD 0) + 2 users ( POD 1, POD 2 )

32768+128*0+1(First port for POD0) -> 32768+128*2+128(Last port of POD 2 ) = 32769 -> 33152

Uldis (UD)

Post by Uldis (UD) » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:47 am

in the eve community you can do it, using that formula you will know which port is used for telnet and create static telnet sessions.
It is working only in limited environment, like EVE community where is limit up to 128 nodes per lab
53 IOL lodes...
In the EVE Pro it is impossible because of 1024 nodes per lab..
static ports in such eve is simply impossible, because of multiuser environment and lot of nodes per lab

mhdganji

Post by mhdganji » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:16 pm

Many thanks
found it. It simply appears on left bottom of screen when hovering on a device so no need to calculate :)