Fresh vQFX Evironment - Running but forwarding seems broken (Ping)

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

KrezMan

Fresh vQFX Evironment - Running but forwarding seems broken (Ping)

Post by KrezMan » Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:54 pm

Hello all I'm really wanting to get Eve-NG working as it looks to be an amazing tool. I seem to have things up and running with the RE and PFE (vQFX), each connected with em1/int interface between the RE and PFE (see images). Things boot up just fine and I can console to each RE box as would be expected. I have a basic xe-0/0/0 connection between the two RE and gave each interface a 10.11.12.0/24 network IP (.1 and .2). However when it comes time to ping across the link, no replies are returned. I have tried vQFX code release 17.4R1.16, 18.4R1.8, and even 19.4R1.10. I can get all to boot just fine and to root> where I can execute commands but can never get the xe- interfaces to forward packets (i guess) to perform a ping, etc. The show chassis fpc looks good from what I can tell and the show route seems to have the correct entries, just not "ping". :/

So I'm at a loss, I have Googled, I have search this forum in regards to vQFX issues and can't seem to find anything, or I'm just overlooking the forest for the trees. Hehehe. But If anybody has any ideas I would surely appreciate it the input. Hopefully the images help too. :)

Best regards!

-K
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

seanachai

Re: Fresh vQFX Evironment - Running but forwarding seems broken (Ping)

Post by seanachai » Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:23 am

Did you get it resolved...

I have them running on eve on 19..

Uldis (UD)

Post by Uldis (UD) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:39 am

You must remove dhcp for em interfaces
xe interface are bound to em interfaces, and they have dhcp cofigured on it

KrezMan

Post by KrezMan » Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:02 pm

Thank you all for your responses so far. I checked the em0 interfaces and they currently have no config on them. I went ahead and configured them with the matching 10.11.12.1/24 and .2 address on the RE1 just to see if that made a difference and still "no go." Also from the start the interfaces (em0) didn't have dhcp any configuration on their interface, they were just "blank" (see image). It really is odd since the terse command shows the interfaces up (xe-0/0/0) and the show route has the correct entries. Chassis fpc looks good too. I'm just at a loss here. :/

What version of 19.x release are you using and did you use the qcow2 and .img file? I believe I had tried release 19.x as well, all returned the same results but I can verify if you have that number.

Again thanks all for the input so far, just really puzzled...I'm starting to think my own hardware maybe. I'm running an Intel Core i7-2600k (nothing fancy) , 32GB of RAM with 1TB drive (bare metal install). I'm only trying to run just a few nodes anyhow. This particular server is more a proof of concept before sinking some real $$$ into something. I have been able to boot 4 pairs of RE-PFE in the environment, just to check CPU and Memory use and all hover in the 20-30% range (CPU) memory maybe 30% as well. Also I'm running on Ubuntu 16.04.7 LTS if that helps any.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Uldis (UD)

Post by Uldis (UD) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:23 pm

show me your interface terse
it works
vqfxpfe-20.2R1.10
and v19
both are ok

KrezMan

Post by KrezMan » Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:27 pm

Hello Uldis. I did in the image above for the xe-0/0/0 on each RE box, or did you mean show interface terse for all the interfaces?

Uldis (UD)

Post by Uldis (UD) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:31 pm

show cinfiguration pls, and check if your em interfaces have NOT dhcp

Uldis (UD)

Post by Uldis (UD) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:42 pm

this one

KrezMan

Post by KrezMan » Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:58 pm

Apologies Uldis I misunderstood. Okay so here is what I have. As far as my config goes I do not seem to have any pre-config settings for emX interfaces, just em1 as shown in the 2nd image. However as you can see I do show information for an em0 interfaces with the show interface em0...command.

Uldis (UD)

Post by Uldis (UD) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:15 pm

you mate better visit our live chat to talk bout it..
it is really waste of time inspect and post such stuff in forum..
sorry

https://www.eve-ng.net/index.php/live-helpdesk/
use gmail to join
it will be faster and nore effective