Some nodes appear as up after creation

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

itsme2501

Some nodes appear as up after creation

Post by itsme2501 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:46 pm

Hi all,

Everything seems to be working just fine until I turn one of the routers/switches on within the lab.

(I'm able to create routers, switches (turned off) and setup topologies however I want.)

However, once I turn one of the devices on, routers/switches that I create afterwards start automatically upon creation and I can't seem to turn them off. (I am able to click on "stop" but the device itself doesn't get turned off.)

This definitely is an issue for me as I can't make anymore connections between routers/switches while they are turned on.

The devices that I created initially before I turn any of the routers/switches on stays turned off until I manually turn them on.

To solve this :
If i create multiple nodes, some of them will appear as up just after creation, while the others will be correctly created and i can turn them on and manually delete the first who has an issue.
I have to repeat this over time to workaround this.
The other solution is simply to shutdown everything and restart the server but this is not always easy ..

Do you know what could be the issue ? I didn't find the solution with my research but not sure my words are the good one to catch a solution

Thanks.

Uldis (UD)

Re: Some nodes appear as up after creation

Post by Uldis (UD) » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:24 pm

EVE community does not support hot connection between nodes.
EVE Pro yes

itsme2501

Post by itsme2501 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:01 pm

Hello,
Thanks for your answer.

Maybe i was not very clear but this is not my issue.
My problem is : after some time, when i instanciate new nodes on my eve-ng lab, as soon as i put a new nodes ( linux, windows, cisco, juniper, whatever) the node is displayed on the lab diagram directly as up (in blue) but this is not the case. I can't go in console on it, i can't turn it on or turn it off. In order to solve this, the only workaround i have is to reboot the server and then it will work as expected.

Uldis (UD)

Post by Uldis (UD) » Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:24 am

Well first issue it could be not cleared your Browser cache !!
Only then I see reason why node could appear on topo as running.
So first thing try clean all cookies and cache

itsme2501

Post by itsme2501 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:55 pm

Good idea but i have the same thing on all my browsers and my colleague told me the same thing so it's more server related.
I am surprised that it is not a common issue as my setup is quite basic