Bare metal install on Intel NUC 10th gen

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

JohnnyBurns

Bare metal install on Intel NUC 10th gen

Post by JohnnyBurns » Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:49 am

I was looking to setup a bare metal install on my intel NUC but have run into issues with using Ubuntu 16.4 server edition. It seems like it’s missing the network card drivers. To confirm Ubuntu 16.4 desktop does contain the LAN driver.

Has anyone come across this? Or found a work around? Is it possible to install eveng onto the desktop version of Ubuntu? When I tried I got to the section where I change the network name to eth0 and it looked completely different.

I had the same problem when using esxi and had to get an iso with the driver injected into it for it to work.

stotic

Re: Bare metal install on Intel NUC 10th gen

Post by stotic » Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:49 pm

I'm actually running into this same issue now. I don't have an idea on how to fix it yet. I think there's a compatibility issue with the newer Intel NUC and older linux versions. On 22.04 LTS, it recognizes the ethernet.

stoney66

Post by stoney66 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 3:23 am

Just picked up a intel nuc (NUC12WSKI7) and same here ev-ng community), no network interfaces are detected :(

Hopefully someone can help out.

In the meantime, I'm using a usb-ethernet dongle (from my old macbook) and that is showing up.

stoney66

Post by stoney66 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:45 pm

so using the dongle got it up and running, after updates I was able to use the onboard nic instead and remove the dongle ;)