Windows or other nodes in EVE-ng NOT get a DHCP address

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

fmaster007

Windows or other nodes in EVE-ng NOT get a DHCP address

Post by fmaster007 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:56 am

Hello!

I do not understand why the Windows 10 or other nodes I've uploaded in EVE-ng are not picking up an IP address from my DHCP pool? I've set up EVE-ng VM in VMware Workstation version 16 the Network in Bridged mode. Even I assign a static IP address, I cannot ping it and Windows 10's NIC displays as "Unidentified Network" and no communication. Help, please!

Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

fmaster007

Re: Windows or other nodes in EVE-ng NOT get a DHCP address

Post by fmaster007 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:57 am

fmaster007 wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:56 am
Hello!

I do not understand why the Windows 10 or other nodes I've uploaded in EVE-ng are not picking up an IP address from my DHCP pool? I've set up EVE-ng VM in VMware Workstation version 16 the Network in Bridged mode. Even I assign a static IP address, I cannot ping it and Windows 10's NIC displays as "Unidentified Network" and no communication. Help, please!

Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Uldis (UD)

Post by Uldis (UD) » Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:59 am

It can be your wifi bic issue with vm ware
not all wifi NIC are supported for bridge

fmaster007

Post by fmaster007 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:23 am

I figured it out. I needed to put a network cloud in order for the nodes to get internet and DHCP. Thanks!