Eve-NG Pro/Corporate license server question

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

jwdevos

Eve-NG Pro/Corporate license server question

Post by jwdevos » Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:59 am

Hello,

I wish to purchase some licenses for Eve-NG Corporate for use within the network from my employer. We have some strict security policies that don't allow most systems to talk to the internet however. I am allowed to make temporary exceptions for things like license activation. How often does Eve-NG need to talk to the license server? Does it need to be in constant contact, once a day, or just after a reboot for example?

Kind regards,
Jaap de Vos

mamakos

Re: Eve-NG Pro/Corporate license server question

Post by mamakos » Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:28 am

I believe it's written in the cookbook. That's once a day. You can proxy it and have the proxy use white lists so that you can't go anywhere else.

jwdevos

Re: Eve-NG Pro/Corporate license server question

Post by jwdevos » Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:38 am

Thanks! I found it (the note is about license rehosting, I'm assuming the behavior described here is the same as normal licensing before rehosting):
NOTE: The re-hosted EVE server must have internet access to periodically validate
the license. EVE receives a token with a licence validity time of 24 hours. During
those 24 hours, the re-hosted EVE can be used offline. After 24 hours the token time
expires and you have to get EVE online again (for approximately 30minutes) to
receive a new token.