Eve-ng bare metal setup?

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

tasumegam

Eve-ng bare metal setup?

Post by tasumegam » Mon May 02, 2022 8:50 am

I’m confused and have been banging my head against the wall with this. I’m studying for my CCNP and would like to get eve-ng setup on a physical server with ubuntu 16 as the os, per eve-ng request. The server I’m interested is an:

HP ProLiant DL360 G7 4B Server 2X 2.66GHz X5650 12-Cores Total 32GB RAM 4X 146GB 10K SAS HDD No OS(Renewed)

Questions:

Is that enough cores? RAM?

Am I going to be able to install Ubuntu on this server? I noticed that the Ubuntu 16 server image install recommended an AMD architecture, however EVE-NG recommends Intel. Will run into issues with this, as I suspect? check the quote below for non-intel processors per eve-ng.

“In other words the EVE-NG requirements are the same for nested ESXi virtualization or Cisco VIRL/CML. EVE-NG can still work without Intel VT processors and can run installed within other hypervisors also But:

64 bits (x86_64) appliances won’t work. Poor performances should be expected with 32 bits (i386) appliances.”

Uldis (UD)

Re: Eve-ng bare metal setup?

Post by Uldis (UD) » Tue May 03, 2022 6:38 am

eve need nested virtualization
and on even this old cpu you can enable it
https://www.bloggerbaru.com/how-to-enab ... 5esxi-6-0/