license expired - cant login to web gui

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

mcgee

license expired - cant login to web gui

Post by mcgee » Fri May 06, 2022 1:28 pm

Hi All,

Just seeking some insight, I upgraded to Eve 2.0.6.1-PRO, but my license was expired. After the upgrade, the Login button does nothing even though I input the correct credentials.

I looked at previous articles on this issue, and df -h does not show anything at 100%, and I have plenty of HD space. Further, I restored the database by using the following:

unl_wrapper -a restoredb ; grep -q default_time_zone /etc/mysql/mysql.conf.d/mysqld.cnf || echo "default_time_zone='+00:00'" >> /etc/mysql/mysql.conf.d/mysqld.cnf ; systemctl restart MySQL

This also does not work.

Oddly enough, if I select HTML5 Desktop as the login method, I get a "License Expired" red error under the Sign In button. I of course need to login to the web GUI to issue the license request. I am basically stuck and looking for further insights.

Thanks in advance.

Uldis (UD)

Re: license expired - cant login to web gui

Post by Uldis (UD) » Fri May 06, 2022 1:45 pm

Simply upgrade your eve pro
it is version 4.0.1-86 now
and
make sure you have not overloaded your eve hdd
df -h
must show NOT 100% at any value

mcgee

Post by mcgee » Fri May 06, 2022 1:59 pm

Awesome, thank you, I will proceed to upgrade to the 4X following this URL

https://www.eve-ng.net/index.php/1845-2 ... x-to-v3-x/

mcgee

Post by mcgee » Fri May 06, 2022 3:45 pm

I just tried upgrading my eve-ng instance from 2.0.6.1-PRO to 4.0.1-86. I followed these instructions, https://www.eve-ng.net/index.php/1845-2 ... x-to-v3-x/ everything went smooth according to this documentation. After the reboot, I do not get a login screen at all (no way to type username and password) but the web interface is responding. Any guidance is appreciated

mcgee

Post by mcgee » Fri May 06, 2022 4:16 pm

It appears to have been just a browser cache issue. Thank you.