Using SecureCRT with GCP install

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

rdegulie

Using SecureCRT with GCP install

Post by rdegulie » Thu May 19, 2022 1:33 pm

Hi,
I've got eve-ng running in GCP successfully, and have a lab running with a few cisco images.
This is all working correctly.
However, I'd like the option to be able to open my ssh/telnet windows in securecrt, so I can have multiple telnet/ssh sessions in one window.
I was able to get securecrt to launch when in native console, but of course, it's trying to connect to the external IP of the GCP, which is not going to work.
Is there a way to be able to manage the qemu images in the lab with securecrt, or am I going to need to install locally to be able to do that.
thanks,
Rob

Uldis (UD)

Re: Using SecureCRT with GCP install

Post by Uldis (UD) » Thu May 19, 2022 1:44 pm

You forgot to read what FW rules should be allowed on GCP for local telnet client (putty or crt) use
And win client must be installed
These all steps are explained in eve cookbook

rdegulie

Post by rdegulie » Thu May 19, 2022 3:30 pm

I'm all set.
I figured out that you can open Eve-ng in desktop mode, install SecureCRT , open Eve-ng in native mode inside the desktop, and manage the nodes that way.

rdegulie

Post by rdegulie » Thu May 19, 2022 3:33 pm

Uldis (UD) wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 1:44 pm
You forgot to read what FW rules should be allowed on GCP for local telnet client (putty or crt) use
And win client must be installed
These all steps are explained in eve cookbook
Thanks Uldis! I feel like I went through all the steps, but let me look at the fw ruleset again. Not sure how internal qemu's are addresses remotely, but yes, I'll review that section again.
As I posted, I have another method that works nicely but I really appreciate your reply.
Rob