EVE-NG Pro: Connections disappear and Bridges appear out of nowhere

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

EngineerElijah

EVE-NG Pro: Connections disappear and Bridges appear out of nowhere

Post by EngineerElijah » Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:19 am

Hi there

I just installed the latest version of EVE-NG Pro (Qemu version: 2.4.0 / Current API version: 5.0.1-14-PRO) running on ESXi v6.7.0, installed using the OVF-Template.
When I design a Lab with Cisco components, it happened to me twice today that after exporting configs and return to the lab, connections between nodes vanish (marked in pink) and random bridges get added to some nodes (red circles). I attached a screenshot. On the right, the links between the router EDGE and ISP-A/ISP-B is now replaced by a bridge using the same ports on EDGE previously used for the connections to the ISPs.
I can't really find errors in the logfiles that make sense to me. I also added a screenshot of a section that looks somewhat fishy to me.
Checking the exported Lab config, I see that there are no more links between the routers on the left visible, so they must have been removed by something other than me (also: screenshot).

Is this issue known? Help would be greatly appreciated! It would be sad if my investment in a great simulation tool would be worthless if it cannot be used without the risk of having to start all over again.
Maybe something to add: I didn't experience the same issues with the community version I had installed earlier (different VM). I wanted to have the comfort of Tools like serial consoles, vnc and wireshark in one window, so I bought the Pro version; didn't copy the lab files from the community edition though, started new labs from scratch.

Regards,
Patrick
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Uldis (UD)

Re: EVE-NG Pro: Connections disappear and Bridges appear out of nowhere

Post by Uldis (UD) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:04 am

not on eve v5
I will suggest make fresh new eve v5 to install