How Can I Change Mtu To Jumbo On eth1 & pnet1?

Before posting something, READ the changelog, WATCH the videos, howto and provide following:
Your install is: Bare metal, ESXi, what CPU model, RAM, HD, what EVE version you have, output of the uname -a and any other info that might help us faster.

Moderator: mike

michel

How Can I Change Mtu To Jumbo On eth1 & pnet1?

Post by michel » Tue Jul 19, 2022 5:20 am

So, I deployed the OVF type of eve-ng and the most recent version yesterday. I was able to do this in my iso deployment years ago, meaning able to change the MTU to 9000 for both eth1 and pnet1 permanently and now I cannot figure this out in /etc/network/interfaces. I can get this command to work <ip link set mtu 9000 eth1> & <ip link set mtu 9000 pnet1> since eth1 and pnet1 and cloud1 all map together, but obviously this clears on reboot. I added a screenshot to show the interfaces on eve-ng VM. I need jumbo to support Geneve for NSX-T lab. I did search this forum and someone ask a similar question, but the answer was vague and seemed like it was not jumbo to a Cloud/external connection, more internal. Is it possible to show me an example config in the interfaces file. Thanks in advance for any help!

lboisseau

Re: How Can I Change Mtu To Jumbo On eth1 & pnet1?

Post by lboisseau » Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:30 pm

Hello,

try to insert the lines containing the "mtu" keyword in /etc/network/interfaces file :

Code: Select all

iface eth1 inet manual
post-up /sbin/ifconfig eth1 mtu 9000 up

auto pnet1
iface pnet1 inet manual
    mtu 9000
    bridge_ports eth1
    bridge_stp off

HTH.